Pass The Map 3

Started by Grand Teki, January 19, 2018, 02:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grand Teki

Made the division, and the lower left corner square. Feel free to modify anything in there, just please keep the pickups and convos used by them intact ;D

Large image
[close]
TFW quarantie
I'm @Grand Teki#2977 on Discord.

Behind these googly eyes, lies an introvert.

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

UNLOCKED

- I have set the DoppelSpawner in the SW to 40000 to we can spawn in more thing if we want.
I will set this to 0 before finalizing.
- The MireSpawner value 6 leaves an AmpGem behind.

Who is next?

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

cpaca

To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

cpaca

UNLOCKED

I added some PRPL to the map.
WARNING: DO NOT CREATE ANY SHIPS WITH THE NAME "UpgradedCruiser" OR "UpgradedJoven" AS IT WILL BREAK MY PRPL SCRIPTS!

You may be noticing the huge amount of ship pickups on my square - Scatter those around the map, please. (The one next to the turret stays).

When a player collects enough ships, the ships fuse.
There are a total of 4 smallBoxes (including mine) and 6 UpgradedJovens.

When a user collects 2 smallboxes and 3 upgradedjovens, they fuse into an upgraded cruiser.
When a user collects *every* ship, they fuse into 2 upgradedcruisers which fuses into 1 upgradedmaurauder.

(Note: They only fuse once they're fully built.)

Sidenote on the turret I also added - It shoots slowly (3 shots per second) but has 0 energy used per shot.

Lastly, the "upgraded" ships have ParticleSniper script on them - 3 energy per second normally, 6 when AMP'd.  However, the range is fairly large, and it snipes the nearest target instantly without delay immediately after firing. 

(we're going to be needing so much energy... there's 2 particlesnipers on each joven... i forget how many on the cruisers and maurauders.)

Shipmodules have also been modified - if you have >= 90 global energy, that becomes 0 energy and it uses that energy to build itself faster. This change was intended for the 1000-energy ships which are also involved in fusing (but not on this map) which otherwise approached "Forever" in how long it takes to finish.

TL;DR IMPORTANT STUFF:

A) DO NOT NAME A SHIP "UpgradedJoven" OR "UpgradedCruiser"
B) SCATTER MY SHIP PICKUPS
C) If you have 90 global energy and a shipmodule detects it, it will use that 90 energy to build faster... If you want to change it back, go ahead.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Equinox

This looks interesting. Mind if I take a bash at it? I won't be able to do anything as fancy with the prpl, but I could add some land formations and a few items.

Edit: Ah, what the heck. Locked

Equinox

And Unlocked!

I didn't do much. Just made the big shell in the middle, and added some goodies for the player to find. An omni, one of cpaca's modified Jovens, an amp gem, and a Silicon Nomad River. The emitter in the square can be converted to benign, to give the River something to direct. Let me know if I messed anything up.

FOXX

Cpaca -> I added some PRPL to the map.

Well, your system is very nice for a standalone map but for a PTM it's to much influence. (other mapmakers have to deal with the 8 ship pickups)
So about half the map involves this system. Little too much imo.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

cpaca

Yeah, I thought about that.

The code's in the Evolver.prpl script, a few modifications can drop it to 2 jovens and a SB or even 1 of each for a cruiser.

If you guys think I should drop the numbers a bit just tell me and I'll do it once I'm back from vacation

FOXX

Quote from: cpaca on August 08, 2018, 01:51:28 PM
Yeah, I thought about that.

The code's in the Evolver.prpl script, a few modifications can drop it to 2 jovens and a SB or even 1 of each for a cruiser.

If you guys think I should drop the numbers a bit just tell me and I'll do it once I'm back from vacation

'drop it to 2 jovens and a SB or even 1 of each for a cruiser' -> with these kinds of settings this would be more suitable for a PTM map.
A standalone Map with this system would also be interesting btw.

Greets
FOXX

ps -> i probably wil jump in again in 2 days.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Equinox

IF there's only two cruisers to be scattered around, should I remove the one in the shell cache? I could replace it with a Silicon Nomad ship, or just have the River be the only ship license there.

cpaca

LOCKED to fix PRPL

Foxx: All right, dropping it to 2 jovens and an SB

Equinox: 2 jovens and an SB = 1 cruiser, the object you put in your square is a Joven.

The 2 cruisers are staying the same as before - therefore a total of 4 jovens and 2 SBs.

There's going to be 0 cruisers scattered around, but 4 jovens and 2 SBs fuse into 2 cruisers which fuses into 1 maurauder. 

(This leaves it at 6 ship licences for fusing, total 16 squares. )

cpaca

UNLOCKED

Also, bugfixing!

Bug: Placing built ships at the bottom and un-built ships at the top of the ship list made it so there was a chance to destroy the un-built ships and fuse those (which isn't supposed to happen.)

bug fixed!

hurrah

btw: smallboxes have no weaponry at all, their only purpose is a cruiser.

Equinox

I meant Joven. Should I change out the Joven for something else?