Forums: Folder attachment transfer?

Started by cpaca, January 13, 2018, 01:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpaca

Basically what the title says. I was kind of expecting folders to be transferable, since .zip and .rar are, but the uncompressed folder is NOT transferable across "attachments" 

Kinda funny IMO. 

Well, I mean they are transferable, you just get a "cannot connect" error when you do hit "post"
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Karsten75

It is not a restriction we impose, but is built into the SMF software, as far as I am aware.

A folder is a container with multiple entities within it. Potentially some of those entities may not be permitted for uploads. .zip and .rar are single files that are compressed and while in the compressed state, it need not matter what entities are contained within, since it first has to be downloaded and uncompressed.