Custom Map #924: The Infinite Fall. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, October 27, 2017, 01:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #924: The Infinite Fall

Author: Decagon
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Narrowly surviving an encounter with a new Hydraxil ship, the Superdreadnought, the Faal-Corum is stranded somewhere in Redacted Space after its hyperdrive imploded. Long-range sensors detect hyperspace signatures fast approaching...

ChaosMaster130

Err I think I broke something, or missed something, as I just cleared the map but nothing is happening :/
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

GoodMorning

What is your time? This may relate to a scripting question earlier.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

ChaosMaster130

Ohhhh. Whoops. Did not know the map had a
Spoiler
timed ending
[close]
my bad  :o
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Keeper Decagon

Yeah, the timed end comes at 20 minutes, because I wanted to give enough time for slower players to get far enough into the map before everything goes wrong. ;)
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

Hmm... I think I could perhaps have cooked something up.

GoodMorning

Wow... someone stretched it out to 25min, somehow. Maybe full-fleet ramming?

Lisimba

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 30, 2017, 11:43:29 PM
Wow... someone stretched it out to 25min, somehow. Maybe full-fleet ramming?

You can mop up the map and park your fleet in the bottom left corner before the big ships start spawning. They're very vulnerable right when they pop in so you can spawn camp them pretty much indefinitely.

Johnny Haywire

Unfortunately, in this case a longer time means you did BETTER, but you'll never be able to post a longer time I guess.

I wish I'd known about the ending at the start - I probably would have tried to go faster. Either that, or just sat back & watched.

Now I wanna kill that ship.  :P
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?