Custom Map #5037: Nomad. By: Pusillanimous

Started by AutoPost, November 19, 2017, 08:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #5037: Nomad

Author: Pusillanimous
Size: 128x84

Desc:
For CW1: Space limits For CW2: Fields For CW3: CRPL And, as a special bonus - no added Creeper! You're here to clean up this planet. Now with a free Forge, and double-strength Totem!

Keeper Decagon

I love it! An unusual and fun way to play a map, for sure! :)
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Loren Pechtel

Am I missing something?  I don't seem to be reducing the creeper despite a whole bunch of mortar fire on it.

GoodMorning

You're hitting it, but not really denting it?

That's because it starts deep enough that a PZ Bertha won't clear it, even in the middle of the overlap zone. Those fields I gave you are extremely strong. If you don't unpause at the beginning, you'll see it's a uniform 400 deep (the Forge island excepted).

Decagon: Thank you. I'm starting to wonder about recreating the Dark Beam now that my CRPL is a bit better.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: GoodMorning on November 20, 2017, 01:18:06 AM
Decagon: Thank you. I'm starting to wonder about recreating the Dark Beam now that my CRPL is a bit better.

Oh boy, now that's something I'd like to see!
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

BilboGCL

Well, that's one of these maps that
a) look boring at the first sight
b) I start to to hate after first placement of units
c) makes me clueless pretty fast
d) let me doubt on my own state of mind
e) let me doubt on the map makers state of mind
f) makes me feel deeply satisfied when I figured out how to win
g) makes me write strange forum posts after winning

Great job and greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

GoodMorning

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

iwishforpie1

Wow! This was a really fun map! Who would've thought ~4 years later we still have such creative maps!

If you're stuck...
Spoiler
PZ berthas
[close]

Edit : It's actually about ~4 years! Wow! Time flies by!

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

D0m0nik

I understand bilbos comment perfectly, I had to check the strength of my wine, I only had a small glass!

Spoiler
Yes, those blue things ARE MOVING!!!
[close]

D0m0nik

Sometimes rebuild maps are frustrating, this is genius, great map!

GoodMorning

Thank you. I'll admit to being surprised.

Out of interest, D0m0nik, how much did this alter your tactics? I get the impression that speedruns tend to involve destroying the least amount of Creeper possible, because that takes time. How did it feel to have to destroy as much Creeper as possible?

BilboGCL

@D0m0nik: EXACTLY this!

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."