Custom Map: In Ten City

Started by AutoPost, March 01, 2014, 09:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: In Ten City

Author: Dad

Desc:
Borderline 'Expert Only'
(Warning: Do not play if of a nervous dispersion)

Dad

*disposition*  :-[

Also, should read: borderline 'Medium'  :-\  

Anonymeus

No Dad, this is a cool map (don't be discouraged by a proven lazy cheat)...

The title pun is worse than the typo, though  :P

Dad

Cheers A. Glad you liked it as usual.

As ever, try to make maps i enjoy primarily and submit that others might too.

Not had a lot of time lately with a new job taking it.

Yes it's a shame that anyone feels empowered by a silly cheat - casting a shadow over this great game.

fridge

how ? upgrade ? longer range ?  :P

romulusnr

Man, that is crazy. You really have to surround that ziggurat caldera jam-pack with mortars in order to clear it enough to place the relays. One spot (between collectors) on the sides not holding a mortar? No dice! Relays on the corners. A final hint, don't bother trying to drop blasters on the emitters, it's futile.

Takiza

Too hard for me to do, but nice pun, I like it hehe.

Another thing. Forgive me for not liking you too much because my map was never intended to be speed-played :(

Dad

Er . . . not quite sure what you mean. If you're referring to your map Battle for Odin City V2 and that perhaps i was the first person to notice that you hadn't locked Odin (again) then you should have also noticed that I had in fact played it twice. The first time, without 'speed-played' as you call it, saying to myself - 'must have locked Odin for his second version, surely' . . . DOH!

Anyways, we all had to start somewhere with CW, including map making. See my first submissions  - :-[

Takiza

Yeah well....I tend to forget things  ;D

1) Forgot to disable SAM tech  ::)
2) Forgot to disable moving  :P
3) Finally fixed all the stuff.

And indeed, I just noticed for the 2nd edition in "BioVirus" I forgot to disable moving -_-

Hehe. Guess I need to place a permanent sticky note on my desktop saying "LOCK ODIN!" or something. No hard feelings. I just find it kind of difficult to ensure it can't be speeded through(while fun, it kinda ruins the storyline aspect which interests me and is what I'm after).

udobud

Just started playing CW again after being away for several years.  I have definitely lost my old expert status.  This was the 6th or 7th map I've played of yours since coming back.  Great job!  I have not had a map of yours I didn't like.  (haven't been able to beat them all, but they have been fun and well thought out)