Adding to the HUD

Started by TheDerf010, November 04, 2017, 05:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDerf010

Hey there, I am in the process of making a map using CRPL and im trying to push my limits.
My main idea is to take 2 of the units i have programmed previously, make 2 more and add them onto the HUD under their respective tabs (2 of them under weapons, 2 under structure).
The issue is that I have never done anything to modify the HUD before and would like some help relating to how i would change the HUD

Here are the main steps I would like to take:

• Upon click display a preview, much like the other units from the HUD
  • Be able to place that unit
Attatched is a basic image (my apologies for the poor editing) of how I would ideally have the HUD in my mind.

Thanks for any help!
I'm a dude who makes maps, i use CRPL too.

GoodMorning

Well, I have to deliver bad news...

It can't be done.

Specifically, the build menu is either present or absent. For the case of four additional units, you will do best to add their buttons somewhere nearby, probably to the left of the HUD. Further, you can't tell (I seem to recall) whether the player is looking at "structures" or "weapons" or one of the other tabs, or has a unit selected...

Actual construction is easier, as you can detect a click on the appropriate screen area, and create a build-ghost Core to follow the mouse, and either place copies of your unit on click or vanish on cancel.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

TheDerf010

Quoteyou will do best to add their buttons somewhere nearby, probably to the left of the HUD.

Are you suggesting something like this?

Thanks for your advice

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

TheDerf010

Sounds good, thank you for your help.

hbarudi

I have been thinking about that myself especially after playing the chernobyl chronicles map that lets you use custom units.