Started by AutoPost, October 21, 2017, 01:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4922: For achievement

Author:
Size: 128x84

Desc:

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

GameGibu

Why does this type of thing seem like a good idea to almost every new person who starts map editing?
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

GoodMorning

Peace, everyone. Achievement maps lack creativity, but are speedily redacted.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

D0m0nik

I still don't understand what achievements are, how are they rewarded and where? I don't see anything in the main game about it. Steam? The maps are an annoyance though and I report them regularly.

GoodMorning

Karsten75

Backstory: Achievements are popular on sites like Steam and Kongregate. So when this game launched on Steam, Virgil wanted to everything he could to improve the game's chances in the highly competitive Steam environment.  Result was a lot of achievements - some was aimed at helping the player develop skills, some were endurance awards and some were - misdirected. So instead of teaching people how to make and submit maps, one achievement rewards the player for posting a no-effort map in Colonial Space.

It then falls on the community to report the map (with a rationale) and then when a sufficient mass of reports (with a reason) is received, the map is redacted.

Sorrontis

Oh, that makes sense. I never pay attention to steam achievements. They don't make my life any more interesting. Now, in game achievements that affect the game (like boost in RPGs), that is pretty cool.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

FOXX

Good explanation indeed.
But personally, i don't go for the achievements.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

GoodMorning

A few are enjoyable, or encourage one to lift one's game. "Beat Farbor early", say.