Creeper world 4 questions

Started by herobattle530, October 18, 2017, 04:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herobattle530

1. When does the game take place in the timeline?
2. So the gameplay regarding emitters is like creeper world 1 with no nullifiers and only cannons to shoot them, but instead there is some new tech thing that is a non-lethal nullifier?

Karsten75

Quote from: herobattle530 on October 18, 2017, 04:09:52 PM
1. When does the game take place in the timeline?  Not yet disclosed
2. So the gameplay regarding emitters is like creeper world 1 with no nullifiers and only cannons to shoot them, but instead there is some new tech thing that is a non-lethal nullifier? Wow, dude, that was just a "current development effort video - gameplay, weapons and so forth have not yet been finalized. It'll be a few years maybe before the game is playable and goes into Alpha/Beta status.

herobattle530

Years? Virgil could release it now for $5 and make $20 million in sales.

knucracker

If that were true, this sentence would be followed by the steam link to purchase the game :)
Appreciate the optimism.

So yeah, keep an eye out here, the blog, the new Discord chat ( https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=26641.0 ) for information in the coming months.  Also keep in mind the screenshots and videos I release are part of a work in progress.  Ideas and implementation come and go, and so far what I have shown is just a little bit of what I hope the game will eventually encompass.

Karsten75

Quote from: herobattle530 on October 18, 2017, 10:51:54 PM
Years? Virgil could release it now for $5 and make $20 million in sales.

I know it's hyperbole and I'm sure Virgil appreciated loyalty, but realistically, there's no accuracy in that statement. The current "game" is a single map, no editor, one battle unit, no sounds or music, crude unit graphics (V usually gets an artist once the unit inventory is finalized), no save, no leaderboards or score tables, no displays... the list is longer than my arm. If this was released, it would go against the grain of everything that makes up the Knuckle Cracker ethos.  Besides which, if V were to get $20 million, he'd probably stop making games and go sit on a beach in the Bahamas. And that would make me sad. :)