Custom Map #4831: To the center. By: BilboGCL

Started by AutoPost, September 21, 2017, 09:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4831: To the center

Author: BilboGCL
Size: 128x84

Desc:
All the pest - runners, spores and of course a bit of creeper. Don't enter when you just want a quick fight

D0m0nik

Wow, just got caught out and overrun at 9 mins. This never happens these days, great battle! No save so have to restart  :-[

D0m0nik

Just replayed, good old fashioned battle, enjoyed it a lot.

One note - Karsten - Any chance you could put a request into Virgil for CW4 ? It would be amazing if stacked enemy structures seperated the text so that you could read it. When a spore/nest/emitter in any combination are placed on top of each other it is impossible to see the stats. In this map you have no idea what the strength of the emitters are or how many spores will fire by each indivdual unit, it is just a mess of text.

stdout

I passed it along, Domonik (see sticky thread in Map Makers forum).

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

BilboGCL

Thanks a lot! And sorry for - nah! no sorry :) Glad you had fun!

And to be honest, I sometimes use the stacked unreadable enemies on (by?) purpose - Sometimes I hate it when I have no idea how many spores will come, sometimes it's fun.

btw: Did anyone try and manage to take out the lonely sporetower at the beginning? (I didn't)

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

GoodMorning

I tried it - the flood comes too soon, I think.

D0m0nik

Thank you Karsten, I'll have a look.

Yes I had a quick look at that spore and decided very quickly that it is not possible.

Spoiler
Once I had two PZ berthas though I attacked top left and then took the spore before going straight for the centre
[close]

ea3401

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 23, 2017, 04:49:03 AM
Yes I had a quick look at that spore and decided very quickly that it is not possible.

Spoiler
[close]

GoodMorning

We stand corrected.

Edit: I seem to recall concluding that I couldn't get another CN in there.

BilboGCL

@ea3401: Oh-kay, impressive!
@D0m0nik: Pretty funny: I didn't put any bertha in the early phase, I needed/used the PZs for beam, reactor, two cannons and a mortar, but I didn't hurry either.
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

D0m0nik

Yep, massive respect to EA, the grand master of the game!

pastor.healer

I really enjoyed this map!
Well done BilboGCL

I'm certain I could have beat the "Big D" by about ten minutes, but I had to mow the lawn and forgot to
hit pause...

Next time :)