Mandelbrot land script

Started by GoodMorning, August 10, 2017, 07:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Since FOXX has had crashes while converting Mandelbrot images to PF land, I've thrown together something to do it by pure PRPL.

WARNING: Will overwrite all terrain. May cause lag if "rate" is set too high. Is not set up to OperateWhilePaused, though adding that is trivial. Does not operate instantly to avoid freezing the game.

So, that being said:
Place a Core, attach the script, set the X/Y limits (well, real/imaginary, but I can't be bothered explaining imaginary quantities here).

Lower Escape or MaxCycles for quicker but less accurate running - I don't know why you would, but it's up to you. MaxCycles will have a bigger effect.

Change rate to take fewer frames to draw, at the cost of more lag (the same work is done, it's a matter of cells/game clock tick).

The CyclingConst is added to the land height. If it goes above 5, it becomes void and start counting up again. So change this if you want  to raise/lower all land.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

So, i did have a look at this Script. First think what came to mind -> WOW !
There is so little Code with such an effect. I'm lost in Code Translation.

And i found that even the littlest change makes quite a difference.
I really don't know how this works but i do know it's damn cool.
I'm just thinking -> How, how, how.

I have 2 standalone Maps i can finish and i will see if i can get a cool Land layout with this.
Also, today my vacation starts for at least a week. If good weather -> I'm out. Bad weather -> I'm in.
Today is Bad so i can make some progress.

Thanks GM for the time to create this beautiful piece of PRPLness :)

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

I have been busy with this and tested some settings and the Script produced some nice Layouts.
The one i have chosen is attached. But as i was testing on a big Map i had to cut this out so i thought of PlanetFalls LandCopier Script.
I had to do this Image in 3 parts because i had a message that i was over 10000 something.
But this will be a Layout for an Image Map.

Thanks GM
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Update 19-08-2017

Map Size = 280x420
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Map Layout ready
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Last Image -> Map is Posted.
Forum Link

And thanks Again to GM for making this.
[So little Code and such an Effect]
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

cpaca

FOXX, I have only one question 
Did you intentionally make it look like a battleship? 
I mean, the mandelbrot bits on the side look like guns...   
and you put an energy mine near the front to power that, and an energy mine in the center to power the core, and there's particles for self-defense, and a few more energy mines...   
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

FOXX

Quote from: cpaca on September 19, 2017, 12:33:48 AM
FOXX, I have only one question 
Did you intentionally make it look like a battleship? 
I mean, the mandelbrot bits on the side look like guns...   
and you put an energy mine near the front to power that, and an energy mine in the center to power the core, and there's particles for self-defense, and a few more energy mines...
Cpaca -> the answer is no.  After i had the Land Layout i started with filling space with Plasma and Struc. And all Energy Mines and Units i placed strategically like i try to do in other Maps also. No Intentions to make it look like something. Happened by accident :)

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!