Issues with dual monitors

Started by Qwerty Quazo, September 20, 2017, 01:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty Quazo

I recently bought a new monitor, and I have some problems with particle fleet. When in fullscreen, if I click anywhere on my main monitor (I play the game in the other one), the desktop is showed. Any action on the other screen minimizes the game's window, and it gets me in the nerves. What should I do?
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

knucracker

Are you on windows, OSX, or linux? 

Also, are you running the steam or non-steam version?
If you are using the non-steam version, check that you are on the latest release.
If you are on the steam version, try disabling the steam overlay, or try the beta version on steam to see if either of those things make a difference.

Qwerty Quazo

I have windows 10, and the steam version of the game. I haven't used the beta version yet.

Using the beta version, no difference. Overlay disabled.

knucracker

And for clarity, does the game work ok when it isn't full screen?  (It is in a window that can be maximized, it just isn't in fullscreen mode).

If it is only a fullscreen issue (not a maximized window issue), then we're likely looking at an issue with Unity itself.  There might be a command line option that possibly alters the behavior.

Qwerty Quazo

The problem actually lies on both modes. When in maximized window, it can zoom in and out while I scroll on the other monitor, kind of like what it would behave if the window was always selected. I have encountered similar issues with Hearthstone, if it helps.

Karsten75

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on September 21, 2017, 11:36:17 AM
The problem actually lies on both modes. When in maximized window, it can zoom in and out while I scroll on the other monitor, kind of like what it would behave if the window was always selected. I have encountered similar issues with Hearthstone, if it helps.

This is standard behavior.  As long as the game window has focus, mouse scrolling anywhere on either monitor will reflect in the game. It hapens on my multi-monitor setup as well.

The best way I've found to play with two monitors is to play in Windowed mode and make the window a few pixels smaller than the monitor I want to play on. If it is the full size of the monitor, then on startup, Unity3D will position the window across both monitors. This is a "feature" of Unity and there isn't anything Virgil or Hearthstone or any developer can do.