Custom Map #886: [DA] P7 - The Nightmare. By: Dark Ambition

Started by AutoPost, September 10, 2017, 09:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #886: [DA] P7 - The Nightmare

Author: Dark Ambition
Size: 399x399

Desc:
Particle Fleet: Resurgence Part 7 "The Nightmare" By Dark Ambition ----- [CEO] Adalar Verrater: -AHHH! ... I didn't... expect th... that... That was warp, wasn't it? Wait, i'm picking up a transmision... -----

Dark Ambition

I'm always open to players thoughts on what I may have done right/wrong, what I could have done, and ideas to make my maps better, so don't hesitate if you have some thoughts :D

walky_one

I like the map very much. Both from story point of view (Hello Creeper World 3) as of the difficulty.

One minor point is, that I didn't manage to beat the challenge of the Loki particles (once the Loki teleports away, the pressure is reduced quite a bit).
On one side, this definitely makes the map beatable, on the other side I really would have liked to beat THAT challenge *g*

Hope to see the next map soon!

Dark Ambition

Quote from: walky_one on September 17, 2017, 05:01:44 PM
I like the map very much. Both from story point of view (Hello Creeper World 3) as of the difficulty.

One minor point is, that I didn't manage to beat the challenge of the Loki particles (once the Loki teleports away, the pressure is reduced quite a bit).
On one side, this definitely makes the map beatable, on the other side I really would have liked to beat THAT challenge *g*

Hope to see the next map soon!

Thx :3

Honestly, I never intended for the Hive to be killable. In fact, I thought I made it so that it can't be lathed, but I checked and apparently it is lathable. So if you do actually get it, you might just glitch out the PRPL instead... The script that spawns in the new enemies is on a different Core than the Hive, so the map would go on, but getting him before he leaves doesn't have anything special to it. Other than the fact that you're clearly a god for managing to do that XD

The next map, on the other hand... does have a second ending to it ;)

And it should be done soon :)

Johnny Haywire

Really good map, mate! Stuff coming at you from beginning to end - not overpowering but enough of a challenge to keep a player from attacking haphazardly.

I noticed the ship spawners on my way to the base in the upper-left (before the Hive warped out), and it was fairly easy to find them and take them all out before they spawned.

I noticed the big ship, but picked it up after most of the threats were gone. With that in play, I can see that it *might* be possible to kill the Hive ship before the 5-min timer. But that would require some serious planning and a lot of pausing & micro, which I try my best to avoid.

Might be my favorite map of yours so far (as you predicted) - great job!

Thanks for the map!  ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?