Bertha Shells

Started by LordWindgrace, June 20, 2017, 09:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordWindgrace

I want to make a shield that can protect parts of the creeper from Bertha shells, I'm wondering if there's any way to do that?

Failing that could someone help me with a script replacing player built Bertha's with crpl cores that are identical except for being more hackable?

GoodMorning

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know of any way to access Bertha shells through CRPL. It's not impossible to replace Berthas with similar CRPLed units, but it is complicated, essentially requiring full recreation of the unit-selection code, regular map-wide scans for Berthas... It's (mostly) possible, but it's easier to create a completely custom unit.

Depending on your intention, it may be easier to disallow Bethas initially, and place a tech later in the mission.

May I ask why you need a "no-fire-zone"? We might be able to come up with something equally effective, but easier to script.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

LappySheep

What if you were to delete all instances of the bertha bullets within the radius?

GoodMorning

The problem us that, to the best of my knowledge, Bertha projectiles cannot be detected.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.