Custom Map #877: [DA] P6 - The... Dream?. By: Dark Ambition

Started by AutoPost, August 20, 2017, 07:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #877: [DA] P6 - The... Dream?

Author: Dark Ambition
Size: 300x300

Desc:
Particle Fleet: Resurgence Part 6 ----- Adalar very suddenly felt tired after his previous mission. While on route to his next objective, he took a nap. This is probably going to be the strangest nap in history. ----- THE SPRAYERS WANT INDEPENDANCE

Spaartan

I'm guessing the Judicator, Maxwell Somtaaw, Mahazkei, Taernof Soban and the Taiidan Fleet Command also experienced somewhat the same thing. Quick question, can the crystallids also have similar dreams?
At the end of the game, the Queen and the Pawn are put in the same box.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Spaartan on August 21, 2017, 08:53:53 AM
I'm guessing the Judicator, Maxwell Somtaaw, Mahazkei, Taernof Soban and the Taiidan Fleet Command also experienced somewhat the same thing. Quick question, can the crystallids also have similar dreams?

No, Crystallids don't dream like humans do. Instead, they get visions; flashes of what has been and could be, catalyzed by their psionic ability. Flare could experience something along these lines if the creator of these "dreams" made a somewhat concerted effort to give it directly to her. As far as I can tell, no-one has made such effort yet. Other, darker, things occupy her mind currently.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Spaartan on August 21, 2017, 08:53:53 AM
I'm guessing the Judicator, Maxwell Somtaaw, Mahazkei, Taernof Soban and the Taiidan Fleet Command also experienced somewhat the same thing.

Nope, this is unique to Adalar.

All of that Excalibur stuff is unrelated to Adalar's story. We wont see any more of the T-Mat for a long while now.

Spaartan

Quote from: Dark Ambition on August 21, 2017, 09:24:14 AM
All of that Excalibur stuff is unrelated to Adalar's story. We won't see any more of the T-Mat for a long while now.
Good to know, now I have time to rebuild and if ever, prepare for their return.
At the end of the game, the Queen and the Pawn are put in the same box.

Johnny Haywire

Ah, very nicely done map!

I especially thought it was a nice touch that the enemy ships come in several minutes after the map has begun. Just as things are getting a little less challenging... oh cool! More enemies!  ;D

I hope the good guys win at the end of this story. And I hope that whoever designed a lathe ship with virtually no armor gets ejected into space and we get to have target practice with his or her corpse. I mean, in the story... no fault of the game-maker because otherwise it'd be less of a challenge?  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on November 03, 2021, 03:42:40 PM
Ah, very nicely done map!

I especially thought it was a nice touch that the enemy ships come in several minutes after the map has begun. Just as things are getting a little less challenging... oh cool! More enemies!  ;D

I hope the good guys win at the end of this story. And I hope that whoever designed a lathe ship with virtually no armor gets ejected into space and we get to have target practice with his or her corpse. I mean, in the story... no fault of the game-maker because otherwise it'd be less of a challenge?  ;)

The existance of this, and the next two, missions were... more or less an attempt at justifying something that would happen later in the story. If you're playing sequentially, you're about to play probably one of my best maps... immediately followed by my worst, with easily the worst writing XD There isn't even follow-up to it. The story it was hinting towards doesn't exist any more. I honestly recommend you skip map 8 entirely.

These three maps aren't making it into the re-make, but the general idea... a sudden dive into a dark world... well, I'm working on one of those maps right now, in fact.

Johnny Haywire

LOL @ "recommend you skip this map"

I'll play them all just because I'm as methodical as you are creative. That way, when I make a mistake... it's on purpose.  8)

I'll let ya know if your worst map is bad. I'm sure it's not the worst map I've played.  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?