CW3 Progress Not Saving

Started by Dashclone, August 27, 2017, 01:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashclone

Hi All,

I've just re-installed Creeper World 3 on my PC (Win 10 64 bit) via Steam. I have previously had it installed and run without any problems, but have recently upgraded and transferred my files (including saved games) to a new hard drive.

I can load and play the game fine, but when I'm in prospector zone it doesn't want to save my progress of completed worlds. I will complete a world and can carry on, but when I quit the game and restart the worlds aren't marked as complete (green circle) but they do have saved games still attached to them which I can load.

So far I have:
1. Verified game integrity
2. Checked the saved games folder has security permissions/isn't read only
3. Checked the data folders aren't set to read only
4. Run with admin access and win 7 compatibility

No success there. Any thoughts/ideas? I don't mind deleting everything and starting again if that's the best option, but would obviously like to save my progress.

Thanks

Karsten75

Many people with similar issues found it was caused by their Anti-virus product denying write permission.

Dashclone

Thank you, I'll give that a shot. I'm using Avast in case anyone else is looking in the future.

I wasn't able to find much information about this kind of problem previously despite searching. Sorry if this is common query.

knucracker

Some antivirus prevent writing to the Documents directory by applications launched by the steam client, apparently.  Not sure if you have to check the permissions allowed on the steam client, or on the exe that the steam client launches (the game), or both.  I'm also not sure which AV does this, I've only heard reports about it.