Loading incorrect maps.

Started by Sanniya, August 12, 2017, 03:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanniya

Hello guys

Anyone with any insight of how to fix this?

This is Egos: Choix as you can see on top. However, it doesn't load the version you can see while hovering above the planet.

Also, there is no shield key, so Chanson can't be unlocked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edk21lsnqv1ocp0/Creeper.png?dl=0

Sanniya

Sorry about the link. Apparently I can't get it to show a dropbox image.

Sanniya

This is the case for all three planets after Lemal.

Dark Ambition

Imageified.

replace dl=0 with raw=1 for these

dl=0 means nobody can download, only you can do anything with it.
dl=1 means free downloads for all
raw=1 means showing an image

GoodMorning

Given that this is CW3, you will need creeperworld3/colonialspace/maps/###/###.cw3
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Builder17

To me it seems that error in in Arc Eternal campaign, this one seems similar case.

https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=22462.0

Could you check if folder C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\creeperworld3\data\sectors\internal\1\story_3

has map files in there, deleting all but system.dat and lemal.cw3 from there might help.

Please ask if there is anything else unclear in this.

knucracker

The other topic Builder17 points to is probably related and has some thing to try.  When you get a random map like that it is because the game can't load the map from disk and defaults back to a random seed generated map. This is usually permissions related, locked file related, etc.

Sanniya

Hello.

I tried both your suggestion and the suggestion in the topic, as well as completely removing  \1 folder and running the game as admin.

Neither option managed to load the correct mission.

knucracker

Try this...
Exit the game (close it completely), then rename this directory:
C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\creeperworld3

Move/rename the whole thing.  Don't delete it as you will want it back.  Restart the game and play some of the campaign and see if things unlock.

Sanniya

Ok, so I tried that. No better.

I also tried resetting the game. No better, except now the fault is on the first mission as well!

Sanniya

I tried deleting all folders, uninstalling from steam, chooseing a new installation path, not enabling save games from the cloud, and now even the first mission is not working.

Sanniya

Running steam and / or creeper world as admin doesn't make it work either.

Sanniya

I just found it was my antivirus blocking it from accessing those folders, despite creating them.

The problem lied with my antivirus.

Finally I got it to work.

Would be nices if dev. could make the game complain or something.

GoodMorning

Updates to CW3 are unlikely almost to the point of impossible. However, this is a note that V can make against future development.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

sakimatex

This occasionally still happens to me, but I'm glad I wasn't the only one.