The Crystallid Convergence

Started by Keeper Decagon, August 05, 2017, 05:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: GoodMorning on August 06, 2017, 07:30:21 PM
How does the Resonator manage resupply?

The Resonator has a modified crystalline matrix assembled similarly to batteries, wherein electrons can be stored until such a time where a resupply of neighbouring ships is needed (provided there isn't an Energy Mine nearby). Resonators glow brighter the more charge they hold too, turning into a bit of a light show as they shift charge around their hulls to project it towards neighbouring vessels. Charge projection is similar to how they form electron cutting beams, except with much less energy in the particles to prevent the resupply beams from chopping recipients to bits, but enough to carry them through space in a coherent beam with minimal dissipation.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Keeper Decagon

Update: More notable characters have been added. Unlike the ones we've already seen, these are currently unknown characters that will have some significance in the story later on.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Keeper Decagon

Update: Finished off the last two Unknown Character profiles.

Spaartan

In terms of crossing paths, who will meet who first?
Kheprin and HDF?
Crystallids and Kheprin?
HDF and Crystallids?

At the end of the game, the Queen and the Pawn are put in the same box.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Spaartan on August 18, 2017, 10:58:26 PM
In terms of crossing paths, who will meet who first?
Kheprin and HDF?
Crystallids and Kheprin?
HDF and Crystallids?

Maybe they'll meet all at once. ;)

Spaartan

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on August 19, 2017, 04:27:35 AM
Maybe they'll meet all at once. ;)

Oh how lovely would it be to have yellow and green teams? Then they would be able to FIGHT TO THE DEATH have more interesting battles.

GoodMorning

Four teams would need configurable alliances. Which would led to more lag. And so on.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

More than likely, the Crystallids and the HDF will be allied on the map, since the HDF will definitely have already heard of them and GalCorp's ruthless extermination attempts and will show a slightly greater hint of mercy. The Khephrins don't care either way, and will attack both of them.

GoodMorning

I would have guessed that the Kheprins would not initially recognise the Convergence as life. And they are unlikely to encounter them (hiding as they are) by chance. So there are reasonable odds that they would not be immediately deemed part of the "star walker" opposition, and they have had a long time to learn diplomacy (but also to make enemies).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Spaartan

Speaking of the HDF, I haven't made an alliance yet. So, can we trust you to defend us? My Renegades will always be ready to help in attacking enemies such as the Collective. (Btw I think we need a new Union leader, and I think it should be you. Or maybe a new one against the Collective (and eventually the Kheprin))

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Spaartan on August 19, 2017, 07:12:51 PM
Speaking of the HDF, I haven't made an alliance yet. So, can we trust you to defend us? My Renegades will always be ready to help in attacking enemies such as the Collective. (Btw I think we need a new Union leader, and I think it should be you. Or maybe a new one against the Collective (and eventually the Kheprin))

Perhaps we should discuss this on the relevant threads, such as the HDF and Union threads.

Spaartan

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on August 19, 2017, 07:19:34 PM

Perhaps we should discuss this on the relevant threads, such as the HDF and Union threads.

Fine, but I still have a question. Do the Crystallids currently have a presence on these servers?

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Spaartan on August 19, 2017, 07:26:46 PM
Quote from: Keeper Decagon on August 19, 2017, 07:19:34 PM

Fine, but I still have a question. Do the Crystallids currently have a presence on these servers?

They do not, unfortunately. GalCorp has made sure they wouldn't gain any sort of access by keeping them on the run. Perhaps if they were to get control over a functional transmission beacon, they would be able to access these servers like the rest of us.

cpaca

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on August 05, 2017, 05:08:19 PM

The Profile
Official Name
Crystallid (scientific name unknown)
[close]
Reproduction
... Starfire station ...
[close]
[close]

Visual representation please? 
Also, if it's a station [like a ship] that'd be nice if there's a DLable version. 
How are Starfire stations made, too? 
That'd be good to know.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Spaartan

The Starfire can be seen in Decagons levels, what I want to find out is how the main Starfire looks like