Pass the Map 2!

Started by cpaca, July 30, 2017, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpaca

Uh. 
Yeah, I kinda forgot this existed and I made it. 

A wild PASS THE MAP 2 has appeared!

Community, which person will you send out to continue it?

Sidenote, since 8 squares are done, I think it's fair that if you take this up you can also take up PTM3. Otherwise.... eh... lol
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

GoodMorning

Well, we would do well to finish this map first. I suggest that if a PTM thread sits unlocked for a week, we allow third contributions.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: cpaca on September 11, 2017, 11:24:07 PM
Sidenote, since 8 squares are done, ...........

7 Squares are done -> the ShipSpawner in the E is for Balancing only. It can be placed somewhere else as PlanetFall mentioned:

Quote from: planetfall on August 19, 2017, 08:08:17 AM
.......    I also added a ship spawner that creates a lathe, which will come in and try to wreck your reactors. I put it in the E square but anyone who creates their own square can steal it......
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

12345ieee

FOXX

i still have hope but i have already claimed 2 tiles so i feel i am not in the position to claim another tile.

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

cpaca

12345eee... there's nothing stopping YOU from making the final tile.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

FOXX

Quote from: cpaca on September 24, 2017, 03:47:44 PM
12345eee... there's nothing stopping YOU from making the final tile.

Good point -> everybody can jump in and take a square:)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

Having reread the rules, LOCKED.

Edit: UNLOCKED. W square. Light changes to the N. Balancing honours go to whoever does the last square.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Checked it out so far. with some balancing this can be good.
I miss Nicant on the 2nd PTM.
If nobody finishes i might hava a go at it after the weekend.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

I have time today, so

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

UNLOCKED

I testplayed a little [don't have time for a complete run.
Made the start so that you can progress to the East.

The middle sector prevents you to attack the Castle head on and heading West is a bit challenging at the start. [with the spawn and the Plasma Turret.
So you kinda have to go East and then North. [this is as far as i played the rest is what i knew before]
Once you reach the NW the middle gets beatable and then you can attack the castle.
Which is a shame imo because then you can't really use the Custom Ship from PlanetFall.

Interested to hear other opinions of the Map.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

I wanted to Finalize the Map today but it kinda challenging in a way that is not fun for me.
I don't know if i do something wrong but i finally got rid of the Structure Makers in the Middle and gain some progress in the Castle but this is where i am Stuck.
The Plasma Turrets are quite strong and fire fast.
Tried a couple of times and quit for now.

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

cpaca

Foxx, a suggestion. 
The middle ticon tower requires a initial energy then makes infinite shots afterwords [1 frame delay] 
think of it as the energy being used to fix an internal reactor or something. 
Also, the range is accurate. 
It does indeed have that much range.

FOXX

Quote from: cpaca on October 04, 2017, 06:22:19 PM
Foxx, a suggestion. 
The middle ticon tower requires a initial energy then makes infinite shots afterwords [1 frame delay] 
think of it as the energy being used to fix an internal reactor or something. 
Also, the range is accurate. 
It does indeed have that much range.

I know -> i put the Range indicator on it.
But i don't see this helping against the Plasma Turrets.

Anyhow -> Going to try this tomorrow.

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Just Finalized the Map.
Charging up the Big Range Ticon Gun did help a bit in decreasing damage done to my Fleet when charging in.
I also noticed that if you destroy the Reactors and Energy Mine the Plasma Turrets stop shooting after they are empty.
Should have done that from the beginning but too late for that now.

Gameplay wise I had some tough moments -> Maybe if i play another time and do things right from the start it would be easier. Don't know for sure.
Time for the others to finalize :)

And just so everybody knows -> I balanced the start a bit but not the whole map.
Map = Medium Hard. [?]
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!