Pass the Map 2!

Started by cpaca, July 30, 2017, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpaca

Standard PTM Rules

1. To let everyone know that you are making a section of the map, post LOCKED in this thread. Pick a square and make something there! Feel free to delete the border (or not, if you're into that.) Once you have made your section, finalize the map, post UNLOCKED and attach the map to this thread.

2. Only one person may reserve the map at a time. However, if you take longer than 24 hours to create your section, you forfeit and someone else can lock the map.

3. You may not contribute more than two map sections. If you have already contributed once, you must wait until at least three others have contributed after you.
_3a. You may ignore rule 3 if nobody has locked the map in 3 days and you were not the last contributor.
_3b. You may ignore rule 3 if you are only updating a script or custom image (please specify this in your LOCKED post). This doesn't count as one of your two contributions.

4. There's a UID 0 core in the upper left if you need it. Don't delete it (even if you don't need it)!

5. Map rules can be changed by public consensus [ALL MAP RULES] aside from those notified about below. [in map-specific rules area]

7. Once the final tweaks are done, EVERYONE who contributed an area must submit a score before we can upload the map. If someone can't do it, we need to make the map easier.

8. Since the thread creator gets to set the map-specific rules, let's rule out the same person starting the thread two maps in a row.

EDIT: Note about scripts and PTM

GM and Planetfall [in PTM1] noticed that some of our scripts aren't staying updated. As in, we post a map to the PTM thread after making a change to scripts, and the next person modifies the map and posts it with the old version of the scripts. This is an easy mistake to make. If you put the new map into the previous save folder, the scripts in that folder will be used instead of any script in the map with the same name. If you save, the script stored in the map gets overwritten. The solution is to either empty the old script folder before loading a new version of the map, or create a new folder each time.

Another edit: This is literally a copy from PTM1. 

Theme: 
The map, although made by many people, must look like it was designed by 1 person.
[e.g. you don't have a fortress in top-left and then some random land in top-right and then really hard stuff in bottom left and then half the squares have PRPL that really only affects their square]
I'll modify the rules to make more sense - e.g. fusing rules 5 and 6
Map-Specific rules:
1. No totems!
2. No ships over 300 CM cost. 
3. Particle max is 3000. Keep that in mind. 
4. Metallic land is land height 5
5. #3 and #4 will only be applied in the final map. 
6. Amt. of energy per square can NOT go over 10 energy [ this is assuming no mine production AMP bonus, duh] 
7. Minimum 9 amp gems total. If one square has 9 amps, or each square has 1, I don't care.
However, the blank map is just a "test" map, but 3 and 4 are things to keep in mind whilst making squares.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

cpaca

Check! 
I wonder how difficult this will be...
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

FOXX

I will jump in later this week. Maybe begin next week.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

planetfall

Now that my witchcraft class is done, I can participate a bit more again!

You think I'm joking, don't you?

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

planetfall

UNLOCKED

That stupid 3-frame lightning animation is back and better than ever! I tried to make my scripts reusable for other squares.

Plasma Turret: fires chain lightning at particles and ship hull. It accumulates charge before firing, which makes the discharge more powerful. Each unit of charge increases the range, and the more charge it has, the more damage per charge it does (and the less the cooldown before it gains the next charge). On firing, charge level is reset to 0. Therefore, their effectiveness is reduced when fighting at close range.

Neither armor nor shield is more effective than blank hull against these! (This is not as I desire, but caused by limitations in PRPL.)

There's also a ship-mounted version for the player to use.

Explanation of script params

MaxCharge: How much charge it can hold, simple enough.
Reactor: How much internal energy generation it has, per frame, without any support.
AmmoCap: How much energy (separate from charge) it can hold. 1 charge costs 1 energy.
BaseRange: How much range it has at 0 charge. (Note that it can't fire without at least 1 charge.) Each charge increases the range by 1.
BaseDelay and DelayMod: determine the time between gaining charges. The formula is (BaseDelay - (DelayMod * current charge level)). There is protection against delay going below 0. Don't let this be *too* slow as this also determines how often it checks for targets, even at full charge.
Scaling: the most persnickety of the params. When firing, the damage passed to the LightningBolt script is (charge level ^ scaling), though note that this is not necessarily exactly how much damage it will do (see caveat above about hull.). I recommend you go no higher than 1.3 on this one, and that's pushing it.
[close]

Reactor: Powers other units. Set its target coords to the location of another unit. It will fill the ammo of any units that use energy, or upgrade the output of an energy well. Is damaged by mire and lathes (so if one is upgrading an energy well you want to take, might not be a great idea to destroy it. Though, you might starve the enemy this way...). Drops an energy pod on death.

These might be useful for making cross-area interactions once more people have made squares, so that by e.g. taking one area you can weaken the enemies in another area. You can also set an activation time, so for instance, in my square the enemy mine gets +3 eps once a minute has elapsed.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

FOXX

I don't have the time to jump in now and tomorrow i am away so maybe Sundays i can jump in.
But just wanted to say -> PF -> That is just awesome :)

Your Missile section in the First PTM was great and now we have this.
I'd say that is a Terrific Start !

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

GoodMorning

UNLOCKED

NW created.

planetfall

It seems that in your section, there is invisible mire in space just off the landmass that cannons will try to shoot and destroys omnis.

GoodMorning

Strange. It might be an artifact of bad checks in SetMire.

If whoever lock the thread next could hot "Clear Mire", I'll redo it later - I think there's something to be added there.

cpaca

Huh, same land-style. 
Well, I guess i'll follow the land style. 
I'M TAKING CENTER! 

cpaca

UNLOCKED 
A LOT of struc being made there in middle. 
The cominbation of all 8 of those PRPL cores = 1 of the Struc Spawners from Chasing Struc. 
(Plus they're all set to grow struc on their own from code powers) 
Seems like a lot, then you realise as the circumference of the circle of struc increases, the growth rate decreases. Until a point, which is very easily shown in Chasing Struc where it just grows at the same pace and never stops.

FOXX

At the start i had an idea but adding this now would be very hard so i'm going to take the SW and finish the Castle one way or another.

Edit -> In this save the map had run a little. I could do clear particles and clear Plasma but the land in the NW was mired before and to mire back that land i just need to run the game for Miring meaning the Reactors charging up the PlasmaTurrets.
So i'm going to leave this for now.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

When I uploaded it, the map had not run, but I had arranged mire there. Please do clear it, I was clumsy in the application and can redo it later.