Insane stunners map?

Started by TECHNO 1, July 22, 2017, 06:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TECHNO 1

You might be asking, "How are we going to fight off 3 stunners per second?" Two answers:

Lots of energy for the player (however some may not like this as building becomes easier, and/or other reasons)

But the answer i'm looking at is; Custom ships. I have a ship called Discharge Coil (in the ship browser it's called DSCH.COIL) and i'm excited to make good use out of it. If you want i can make a stunner map (probably going to be crap though).

If you want to know more about the discharge coil ship...
Spoiler
- It can shoot at almost full fire rate, forever
- 4 of them can hold down a stunner spawner that launches 2 stunners per second
[close]
I make CRPL because coding is my newest hobby

cpaca

Posted one minute ago. 
First thing first, you should also ask chat questions you have. MUCH faster response time [if anyone is on] 
Second thing: 
If they don't start with the DSCH.COIL the map becomes impossible, as you get spammed by the stunners. 
also, FOUR can fight 2 st/se?  [st = stunner, se = seconds] 
1 = 1/2 st/se 
SIX = 3 st/se. 
And then if you spread for many angles... or the player has to keep spiraling around to get keys with PRPL before they can attack middle... it gets more complicated as you need more of that ship. 
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

TECHNO 1

Quote from: cpaca on July 22, 2017, 06:06:03 PM
Posted one minute ago. 
First thing first, you should also ask chat questions you have. MUCH faster response time [if anyone is on] 
Second thing: 
If they don't start with the DSCH.COIL the map becomes impossible, as you get spammed by the stunners. 
also, FOUR can fight 2 st/se?  [st = stunner, se = seconds] 
1 = 1/2 st/se 
SIX = 3 st/se. 
And then if you spread for many angles... or the player has to keep spiraling around to get keys with PRPL before they can attack middle... it gets more complicated as you need more of that ship.
1 - To be honest, i didn't even know there was a chat.
2 - That's why there is an initial delay you can put on stunners, so the player has time to prepare. Just give the stunner some defense so the player can't just immediately lathe it with the HQ, (later you can build more ships to get past the defense) and bada-bing bada-boom. (though there's probably something i'm missing)
3 - Yeah, 2 discharge coils can handle 1 stunner/sec. If you want i can make a showcase map
4 - That's very true, but if i spread out the stunners anyway i would of noticed that problem in testing.

GoodMorning

Posting is much more reliable than the chat, and allows others to read the answer. The CW3 boards have accumulated years worth of answers, accessible by a quick search.

It is worth taking the time to make a good map, rather than quickly building something to illustrate your latest idea. I speak from experience. A rush job can take the idea down with it. A good map can help iron out any flaws in the idea.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

TECHNO 1

Quote from: GoodMorning on July 22, 2017, 08:14:47 PM
Posting is much more reliable than the chat, and allows others to read the answer. The CW3 boards have accumulated years worth of answers, accessible by a quick search.

It is worth taking the time to make a good map, rather than quickly building something to illustrate your latest idea. I speak from experience. A rush job can take the idea down with it. A good map can help iron out any flaws in the idea.
very motivating.. what a nice guy.

Welp, this map ain't gonna just make itself!

cpaca

You heard him folks! 
Program a map to make itself! 

Seriously though, I hope you do well.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

FOXX

Quote from: cpaca on July 22, 2017, 08:38:42 PM
You heard him folks! 
Program a map to make itself!
That would be something like this -> http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=25435

With PRPL a lot is possible but the with standard options and settings in the Editor you can make all sorts of setups.
I started with learning the options in the Editor and went from there.

Good luck with your future Projects :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS