Custom module being weird? [PROBLEM RESOLVED]

Started by cpaca, July 16, 2017, 08:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpaca

So, I was using custom modules. 
The problem is that the custom module in question is spawning at 0,0 on the map, which is not where I want it. 
I know it has no texture [if you want to test it yourself and it helps you, add a texture] 
Question: Why is it spawning at 0,0? 
Attached is a map in question, with the scripts, etc. 
[ParticleMaker was stolen from Planetfall in his Custom Modules sticky post, then I modified it. Edit post: It was originally the "Maker" script"] 

[this edit was made after GoodMorning's post]
EDIT: 
It turns out that the ShipModule script is defining "ship" variable as -1. 
I'm thinking this means that the SetScriptVar for "Ship" is not working, and is defaulting to -1? 
Another thing is that all the other variables I set [e.g. height, length, etc.] are all equal to 0? 
Someone have a look, please?

EDIT2: 
[edit was made after FOXX's post] 
Ok, the ShipModule is spawning near the ship... but it's spawning outside [?] of the ship, where there's no hull? It still moves with the ship and the the actions work, it's just that it spawns outside of the ship. Attached is the new file. ParticleMaker is a *barely* changed version of Maker from planetfall

PROBLEM RESOLVED! i just used the 128x128 editor and made the custom modules there
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

GoodMorning

The issue is probably that the ship to attach to is not being properly specified. Custom modules spawn at (0,0) and then move to the right location relative to the ship they are attached to. While the relevant hull is not constructed, they remain at (0,0).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Seems like you are halfway there. It works but the positioning of the Custom Module is placed wrong.
I don't have the knowledge to help you [been trying to make custom modules but didn't succeed]
but good luck with the project.
Someday i will come back to Custom Modules because it is a Cool Feature.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS