Custom Map #4603: Brutal blue Prison. By: tamrin

Started by AutoPost, July 16, 2017, 07:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4603: Brutal blue Prison

Author: tamrin
Size: 224x224

Desc:
My first idea was to delete this map becouse it was too long, so if u think u have will u can give it a try, but I am telling you its really long. There are 165 enemies (136 emitters, 12 runner nests, 7 spore tower, 4 aerial exclusion tower, 1 inhibitor). Most of them will not give you usefull power zone. To win u must to go around map three times or u can..... :D I know that this map will have only few players who will finish and it never mind... I know this map is bad so next one will be hopefully better.

stdout

Your own time is over 7 hours!!!!  Well.

I'm glad you didn't delete it. I'm looking forward to giving this one a shot.

tamrin

Now I know how to reduce it to 5 - 6 hours (still long) because of something which I found during my play... Its sad when I dont like my own map :D

stdout

My chief complaint at the moment is the lack of relays really slows this game down. Packets are taking so long to travel that even with some packet speed upgrades many of my units are still starved for energy. I know why you excluded relays but it really turns it into a real slog and takes a lot of the fun out of the map.

tamrin

yes... tottally agree... in the first versions of this map there were many places where to place command but than I realized that it is not that hard to collect any tech on this map just by flying with CN over that.. it was experience for me anyway so I learned from mistakes

stdout

In my opinion it is not a bad thing to allow the player to fly around and get pickups. It makes it more interesting when the player can be clever and find ways to make things easier.

stdout

Finished it.

I think this can be done in under 3 hours. The map is unique in that it's the only map I've seen yet that rewards the player for

Spoiler
bridging gaps with floating units
[close]

9/10. I penalized one point for holding relays back for so long.  ;D

tamrin

yes..I must use this trick once again is some of future map, it wasnt planned but I found this when I was looking for shortcuts :D

stdout

I replayed and got 3:10:30. I won't replay a third time. Definitely enjoyed the map, though! Thanks Tamrin.

PrinceofToys

Hello there,

i enjoy this Map much, i am at 20 Hours and more :D but i dont play for Time Challenges.

What do you mean with bridging Gaps with floating Units ?

Sincerely

GoodMorning

"Bridging" refers to extending connection range with flying units.

When (say) a Mortar is in flight, Collectors and Relays still make connections to it. So if there is an area of Void but somewhere to land on each side, you can change the destination so as to keep it hovering in the middle, and gain a connection over the gap.

This can significantly accelerate a 20h map, but it can't connect quite as far as a Relay.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

PrinceofToys

ahh thx for Information :) i am way too slow at any map so idc about time :D

hbarudi

Took forever to finish this map.
The lack of space to place blasters, sprayers, and mortars really slowed down the game, also the enemies leave the void behind reducing the available space, if you don't want us to use those powerzones, just use crpl to delete any powerzones created when nullifying stuff.
also the lack of us being able to place our CN in different, conquered locations can also be corrected with crpl.
Even after going all he way around the first time, it was not easy to take over the area with the phantoms we have to hear the siren the entire map because the forge stuff are end game and air exclusion towers prevent flying things from reaching hard to reach areas.
You can also let us use extra powerzones, but place some digitalis in the void with lots of runners that will prevent anything from going to the next area until we nullify the emitter and runners nest at the appropriate position on the map. Took the longest time to reach the terp, this could have been helpful to use crpl to remove void squares on islands that have all enemies nullified there. This will allow us to bring our CN with us so packets don't have to go all around the whole map to attack the creeper and get in range for nullifier.

Loren Pechtel

Too tough for me.  The delays in moving packets are killing me when I try to work my way down the left side at the beginning.  There's an emitter I can't kill because my guns keep going dry, I'm stuck.

justpl4y

i think i found a bug, you can land a command node here with the help of mortars from main base. You cant connect it to main base but cn can stay alive for a while, bad thing is if you use nullifier u cant land another node on there so make sure your first cn stays safe. I learned that in hard way, cn got destroyed and couldnt place another.
This may decrease the time a lot.

note to myself: if u find something like that first save the game!