Started by AutoPost, August 20, 2021, 01:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9657: Ore map

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 80x80

Desc:

teknotiss

be warned dudes, this is a totally unforgiving start. so save early and save often!

i do love the concept, the having to start in C is a good touch, but the flank "bases" are pretty much impossible to hold early and the start needs a near perfect micromanagement progression to get established.

personally i would have given the player 1 or 2 blasters since you are so stingy on the ore accessibility in the early game.

maybe one mortar too...  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Altren

Great map. Very hard start and you still can loose if not fast enough after feeling safe. And nothing to add to make such map better.

Martin Gronsdal

SanchesS80

I would be great to have 'easy' version of this map.

Martin Gronsdal

Try to focus on the totem corner only. This may make it easier

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, on my first try I dropped all 3 CN's and tried to get a jump by having 6 ore mines at once. That was way too much micro & stress so on my second attempt I did it the easy way - by just starting in the upper left corner, and that worked just fine (albeit a bit slowly).

If you are struggling with that concept, I encourage you to notice the strength of the totems then ask yourself how you might be able to build a forge early on. Martin never rarely includes terps in his maps so maybe that's a hint?

I didn't have to micro much at all (hence the longer-than-average time). Just push in one direction and get some more ore mines, then hold that position while you push in another. I paused maybe 6-7 times at the start so for those of you who hate micro-ing, it's totally doable.

Three things that are signs you KNOW this map is going to be good AND challenging.
1) Author: Martin Gronsdal
2) Title: Ore map
3) Rating: Below 5

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?