Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3909: map 156 BICKFORD PAC

Author: yum234
Size: 120x121

Desc:
#PlayAsCreeper #GoodLuck

yum-forum

Yellow area: emitters or Bickford area (instead of emitters!  :) ;) ).

P.S. Yellow area with Runner Nest continuously generate Creeper.  More than usual emitter!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Loren Pechtel

Whatever the yellow areas do we still have three capped emitters and one so penned in it can't do anything.

PhailRaptor

Unfortunately the terrain at the corner Emitter makes it hopeless, and with no viable option to make a Spore to selectively remove any Relays, you don't exactly have any options.  Unless you expect us to sacrifice our starting Emitter to make a Spore....  but would that even work with nothing to sustain the Digitalis?

GoodMorning

It is beatable, because it has to have been won in order to be posted.

Whether anyone else can beat it is another question.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

RrR

Quote from: PhailRaptor on September 02, 2016, 03:58:04 AM
Unfortunately the terrain at the corner Emitter makes it hopeless

Not true. Try it. It takes a little while, but the creeper builds up and can kill one of the cannons, gets the totem, and then you are away.

PhailRaptor

Quote from: RrR on September 02, 2016, 04:48:06 AM

Not true. Try it. It takes a little while, but the creeper builds up and can kill one of the cannons, gets the totem, and then you are away.

How long are we talking here?  Because I sat there for 20 minutes.  From the south, the Mortar kicks in and brings the Creeper to a standstill.  To the East, when you finally conquer the height difference at the Totem, you have 3 Cannons that outpace your Creeper production.  No matter what direction I set the field, I couldn't get out.  I reached equilibrium.

RrR

Quote from: PhailRaptor on September 02, 2016, 07:05:56 AM
How long are we talking here?  Because I sat there for 20 minutes.  From the south, the Mortar kicks in and brings the Creeper to a standstill.  To the East, when you finally conquer the height difference at the Totem, you have 3 Cannons that outpace your Creeper production.  No matter what direction I set the field, I couldn't get out.  I reached equilibrium.

Just restarted. Cannon to the south takes damage at 35 seconds, gone by 1 minute 9 seconds. Relay dies one second later, starving next cannon and mortar.

Spoiler
pulse mode, all emitters supporting corner emitter, field pushing creep directly down the land at the edge of the map
[close]

yum-forum

Quote from: PhailRaptor on September 02, 2016, 07:05:56 AM
Quote from: RrR on September 02, 2016, 04:48:06 AM

Please, see begining step by step in screenshots.
Hope, it will helps...
last

hbarudi

johntuck

Self-powered berthas are pretty nasty. It threw me for awhile because I thought I could attack the power source and shut them down. This one was quite a grind.

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

Video from PRG:   :)

The same gameplay with 2X speed:

last

yum-forum

last