Pass The Map 1 - Particle Fleet Edition!

Started by planetfall, July 14, 2017, 05:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpaca

Actually, yes! 
Here's the code [I litterally made this in under 60 seconds, no idea if it will work]
[Tab doesn't work here ;-; so i'm doing 5 spacebars for tab]

IsPaused
     unpausegame
     return
end
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

FOXX

Quote from: cpaca on July 19, 2017, 11:00:11 AM
Actually, yes! 
Here's the code [I litterally made this in under 60 seconds, no idea if it will work]
[Tab doesn't work here ;-; so i'm doing 5 spacebars for tab]

IsPaused
     unpausegame
     return
end

I just added the code into a Map, Finalized the Map and when playing i could pause so i think some code is missing.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

cpaca

Meh. 
Made it in 60 seconds. 
Go to the wiki to figure it out [best source of info currently ;-;] 
Try adding

:awake
     1 OperateWhilePaused

so that it can actually run while paused? thought about this lol
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

FOXX

yeah sound logic, i have some time now. I'll dive in the wiki :)
thanks

Edit: Got it working.
With this on a core you can't even pase in the Editor anymore so works.
Final code:
once
self "main" "NONE" setimage
self 0 setunittakemapspace
self 0 setunitisgoal
self 0 setunitlathetargets
self 0 setunitisenemy
endonce
IsPaused
     unpausegame
     return
self "main" "NONE" setimage
self 0 setunittakemapspace
self 0 setunitisgoal
self 0 setunitlathetargets
self 0 setunitisenemy
1 OperateWhilePaused

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

cpaca

Now your problem becomes "oh, i'll just set speed to 0.5x" 
unless that's fine lol, but it's basically pausing 

edit post
has nobody noticed my signature takes up every single character you're given yet?

GoodMorning

That would probably have been better placed in a new thread.

Disabling pause is not really in the spirit of the game, so make sure you have a short, otherwise-easy map.

Also, your code is not looking well, you use IsPaused without an if.

once
    1 OperateWhilePaused
endonce

IsPaused if
    GetGameTimeFrames 1 gt if #Allow one frame of advancement to see the numbers on opposing energy mines and other late-init units.
        UnpauseGame
    endif
endif

:destroyed
    0 OperateWhilePaused

Self 0 SetUnitTakeMapSpace
    Self IsEditMode SetUnitSelectable

Note that PF has somewhat nicer defaults for Cores, so setting the mission goal and lathe targeting is not required.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Thanks GM and cpaca for the help.
And yes, i should have made a new thread with this or send a PM.
Won't do this anymore sorry for spamming this thread.

And make a code working and make it look good are 2 different things. the second one i have to learn more.
This code was for my idea to make a hard Version of the Chasing Struc Map but after reading comments maybe will be an easier Version.

SO BACK TO TOPIC

Who is going for the last area?
I won't because i already have 2.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

I also have contributed two sections. Anyone?

cpaca

Three days have passed, i was not last contributor, I have only made 1 square, I CALL THE LAST SECTION!
AND THUS, I DECLARE THEE

cpaca

there appears to be a particle accelerator [quite litterally, this is a game about particles] in the top. 
Also, i declare thee

UNLOCKED

cpaca

I am going to go through the squares and give you a play-by-play of my game. 

Battle: 
S, no enemies, easy start [0:00:00] 
SE, took out all the mires and just getting the Yellow to Relay all the energy needed to the Omnis for more miring.[0:13:50]
C, took out the power node and flippers. I forgot the time ;-; i'll estimate [0:17:30]
E, took out nearby emitters, pulled Yellow in to help power, progressively went around, used Ticon Defense to help too. Making the Guppy G3. [0:24:41]
NE, 30:01. Easy, Amp'd Grabber G3 then drain the power out of the spinning thing. Got to point out that has a discharger on it. Intended?
W, 30:59. Easy takeover, especially since i attacked it a little earlier. NE and W in the same minute, woo
N, 35:12. Easy, just send in the AMP'd G2 and G3. Then bring an Assembler or a Blue in to take on the emitter.
SW, 52:43. Many steps had to be done. Had to take the carrier so it would stop killing my stuff, but i had to take the Ticon so i could even get close to the carrier, then i had to do an omni suicide drop. Could've shaved 10 minutes off if i realised this sooner.
NW, 1:10:00. Can't think of a way to shave off. Difficult with all the plasma, the missiles, and so little time to attack. Plus, the friendly launcher we're given is no use. By the time we get it, the other ship is already dead.

planetfall

for some late balancey things. (currently hammering out the details in chat.)

Edit:

GM and I have noticed that some of our scripts aren't staying updated. As in, we post a map to the PTM thread after making a change to scripts, and the next person modifies the map and posts it with the old version of the scripts. This is an easy mistake to make. If you put the new map into the previous save folder, the scripts in that folder will be used instead of any script in the map with the same name. If you save, the script stored in the map gets overwritten. The solution is to either empty the old script folder before loading a new version of the map, or create a new folder each time.

UNLOCKED

I changed my and GM's squares as follows:
-Friendly launcher is now very long range, targets only ships. My section seems to be hardest by consensus, so a benefit for beating it before others seems reasonable. Nicant and Decagon, if you disagree, change it!
-Message artifact introducing missile turrets
-S has 1 more production and some energy pods.
-Two discharger ships are now one, but it is rebuildable.
-SE: less energy per omni.
-SE: strength 8 spawners reduced to 4.
-SE: mine has range now.
-Swapped Blue with Assembler.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

GoodMorning

Possibly penultimate playtest...

Balancing: Good, and the Stunners are now better balanced.
The long-range launcher: Last to become available, should probably have gone W before NE.

We still need a mission description and some polish on the conversations - sometimes one panel will fit the content that has taken five. I suggest that planetfall do this, as the thread-starter; mainly because it gives a pleasing symmetry. Also, having a consistent style in the conversations will give a feeling of coherence (adherence? probably not...) to it.

I think the info pickup in the S can be removed, and the content transferred to the Omni pickup conversation.

planetfall: NW had a Cruiser in it as the patrolling ship, rather than the old custom ship. Is this intentional?

I suggest that we leave further changes (tweaks and text, probably) to planetfall, and start setting our scores when he declares it done.

FOXX

-> cpaca, nice overview of the test :)

-> PlanetFall,
Spoiler
GM and I have noticed that some of our scripts aren't staying updated. As in, we post a map to the PTM thread after making a change to scripts, and the next person modifies the map and posts it with the old version of the scripts. This is an easy mistake to make. If you put the new map into the previous save folder, the scripts in that folder will be used instead of any script in the map with the same name. If you save, the script stored in the map gets overwritten. The solution is to either empty the old script folder before loading a new version of the map, or create a new folder each time.
[close]
Damn it, that's me. [maybe others too] I did this. Sorry guys won't be happening anymore from now one.

I think changes are ok and we definitely needed some Energy Pods in S.

-> GM,
Spoiler
I suggest that we leave further changes (tweaks and text, probably) to planetfall, and start setting our scores when he declares it done.
[close]
Agreed.
I will give my playthrough once given Green light ;)

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

planetfall

Locked again to do the thing GM said.

I won't do a large restructure of all dialogue, as that feels like stepping on others' work, but I'll edit for grammar and clarity. PTM, I think, should feel a little discordant, and the different styles give a sense of who made each area.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.