Started by AutoPost, June 09, 2017, 06:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2836: Jailbreak

Author: mikea2112

Desc:
First map. Hope you enjoy.

Karsten75

Interesting map. After playing it the first time I figured out what I thought would be the best approach. Made several mistakes, but now I'm going to have to just sit here waiting for the Nucleus (can't believe I've forgotten the name of the object) to go critical and explode...  Not fun at this stage, which is unfortunate.

darzog

Agreed, an interesting map.  It was a long slog, and there's really no way to speed it up past a certain point.  Make sure you are saving before tackling each new area of the map; the map takes so long having to start over is really painful.

For the mapmaker, it would be helpful to add some language at the beginning of the mission to give a little hint or explanation.
Spoiler
I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to get to the Nexus or the micro rift tech only to learn a LONG time into the game that I can't until the Nexus explodes.  My first play through I made lots of mistakes and was way behind and hadn't even broken through the bottom when the Nexus exploded, and since I was on the bottom of the map didn't notice that I could have moved my Command Center.  So when the Nexus exploded I lost the game (and didn't even get to see what happened) which made me think I had to kill the Nexus before it exploded.  Again, lost of wasted time on something I couldn't do anything about.
[close]

crg1960

I enjoyed the map right up until I acquired the dark beams at about 55:00 and had to wait until almost 69:00 for the Nexus to go off.  Maybe if the nexus chamber went zero-gravity at some trigger point (perhaps when the dark beam tech got picked up), just to hurry things along?

Also, being a "kill everything" kind of guy sometimes, I would have appreciated a C-bomb tech so I could kill the nexus (even if it were up by the micro rift tech so you couldn't use it early).

Still, a good map.