A project that will change Particle Fleet somehow

Started by MrJellyLiker, June 03, 2017, 10:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrJellyLiker

Im not first, but Argon Corp with his map was first. Im just asking some improvements.
So, i asked Builder17 about an project like the credits mission from Creeper World 3. I asked him if he knows anything about "ship controlling".
He send me this map: https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21951.msg150603#msg150603

Its an awesome template of something that i need to my project that will change Particle Fleet somehow.

Now, i need to ask you guys: Could you guys help me with something?
I mean, i need to ask you guys an help
This needs to have some improvements, like:

Getting targeted by enemies, like Particles or ships.

And health bar. If your health is 0, you lose and need to do all things again if you didnt save game.

Everyone that will help me in it somehow, will be in description as helpers. My only script was the emitter script and nothing else.

Can you guys help me in it? I'll be glad of every help :)

So lets go!

EDIT: I got an idea for the health bar. The UFO or something else that you will control will have 50 normal blue particles in it. Ships will target the blue particles. When you have 0 particles you lose.

Now a single particle has 1 health

Normal enemy particle - 1 damage

Armoured enemy particle - 2 damage

Better armoured enemy particle - 3 damage

And also, the targeting problem will be done! Ships will target particles and enemy particles will be just random enemies

GoodMorning

It gets better for you - each frame, look at the damage done to any particles you carry around as a hitbox, and add it up. This means you can use, say, five particles which start out at 10 health, or even fifteen that start at 100 health, as you are looking only at the damage done.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

MrJellyLiker

I don't get it. How 15 particles can have 100 health? I seen a max of 3 health per particle in the editor.

Dark Ambition

Quote from: MrJellyLiker on June 04, 2017, 03:36:25 AM
I don't get it. How 15 particles can have 100 health? I seen a max of 3 health per particle in the editor.

It's editable. Change the three to 100.

GoodMorning

And also, what you are talking about uses PRPL. And with PRPL, we can change the health of particles to anything we specify.

To co-opt the existing UI for health display, we could:
1. Set up our unit, with a UFO graphic overlaying a ring of particles (which we will move with our unit).
2. Give each of these particles 100 health.
3. Set the global energy store to 100.
4. Every frame (game update), check our carried particles for damage. Heal the particles if they were damaged, but take it out of the energy store (or "health bar").
5. If the "health bar" depletes entirely, our unit dies.

We can also use energy pods as a means to show some other kind of bar, for instance a "super mode" where we are invincible or a "bomb" storage (for a unit similar to that in ChopRaider).

Make sense?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

MrJellyLiker

Quote from: GoodMorning on June 04, 2017, 06:52:51 AM
And also, what you are talking about uses PRPL. And with PRPL, we can change the health of particles to anything we specify.

To co-opt the existing UI for health display, we could:
1. Set up our unit, with a UFO graphic overlaying a ring of particles (which we will move with our unit).
2. Give each of these particles 100 health.
3. Set the global energy store to 100.
4. Every frame (game update), check our carried particles for damage. Heal the particles if they were damaged, but take it out of the energy store (or "health bar").
5. If the "health bar" depletes entirely, our unit dies.

We can also use energy pods as a means to show some other kind of bar, for instance a "super mode" where we are invincible or a "bomb" storage (for a unit similar to that in ChopRaider).

Make sense?

Yeah, it does.

But im writing this because im bad at PRPL, only in CW3 i made an emitter.