Map editor timeframe

Started by Laser McIntosh, May 20, 2017, 03:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laser McIntosh

Hi all - apologies if I've missed this elsewhere; it's such a basic question, it's hard to know where to look.

On the map editor, once you hit 'play' is there any way to turn back the clock to the beginning? If not, any tips for how to build a complex map? It seems like there's a lot of guesswork involved at the moment.

I'm a casual player and don't have time to get into scripting, but have some simple ideas that if done well might be good fun.

Is there a user guide somewhere?

Thanks!

FOXX

Hi Laser McIntosh,

Welcome to the Forum,
If you look down in the Editor Menu there is a Reset Time Button in red colour.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Karsten75

The best way I've found to test maps is to save before playing. Then you can reload the map, make changes and repeat. You cannot "rewind" the map and undo enets that took place during playtesting.

Laser McIntosh

Ok, thanks both. Looks like my reset button has been pushed off the visible screen. Will play around with the settings.

Thought it was strange not to have the option :-/

TLFP

Just a small tip that no one has mentioned yet. As long as you DON'T save the map in the editor, just hit restart. That will load the last editor save (not the game menu save).
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

GoodMorning

Also note that if you can't see the "RESET TIME" button, there is an option in the general game settings for the UI scale.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.