Custom Map #4434: BestMapEver. By: Glaucus (Glaucus7 - Steam)

Started by AutoPost, May 18, 2017, 02:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4434: BestMapEver

Author: Glaucus (Glaucus7 - Steam)
Size: 243x176

Desc:
According to new scientific studies only trueborn legends are able to finish this map. Shocking new evidence suggest completing this map will grant any potential individual who completes this task the favor of Lord Cthulhu. - Mahatma Gandhi @_@

Johnny Haywire

I think this map is more of a "Who can look over the map and figure out the (easy) way to win?" kinda idea. Seriously, if you're struggling with this map just look at what would make this map a 3-minute map if it weren't for all the cleanup.

Need a hint?
Spoiler
Anytime you see:
1) An inhibitor
2) A freeze (the gold-ish "F" Artifact of Odin)
3) A conversion (the blueish "C" Artifact of Odin)

Then a thought should instantly spark in your mind about how to plant a nullifier right next to the inhibitor in a nice pool of converted AC that is frozen in time.
[close]

Once you destroy the inhibitor, you just have to collect the doo-dads and you can win the map so many different ways I'm not about to start listing them.

So yeah, the description is misleading. You don't need much skill at all to win this map. Just the patience to scan through the mess and look for what items you need. Not my favorite kinda map but it might just be a matter of taste - I prefer maps that are more of a challenge than just a simple clean-up but that's just my personal preference. ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Karsten75

Regardless of how hard I looked, I couldn't see an easy way to victory. There are AoOs, but reaching them seems difficult (at best) and then effectively using them seems even more problematic. Additionally, it seems the custom unit indicates that it will throw friendly spores, in fact friendly spores are launched and Towers don't fire on them, but they land and swamp the terrain with large amounts of creeper making cleanup problematic.

Sim indeed a map to puzzle and ponder over. Iron John has succeeded. ;)

D0m0nik

Incredibly easy map, I am surprised you missed it Karsten

Spoiler
2 guppies can collect the freeze and convert. The AOO/Air exclusion is not big enough to do anything useful so a third guppy can build a nulifier, the AOOs can be dropped just to the right of the air exclusion.
[close]

All over in 3 mins but as Johnny points out there is a lot of clean up due to the daft positioning of the tech, why have the Thor on the doorstep of an inhibitor?

Karsten75

Spoiler
I actually forgot that Guppies can pick up AoO. :(
[close]

Seems that one has one shot at winning. Those friendly spores turn right nasty if they land in even thin AC, or too close together.

I do think I've lost my mojo a little, 3 recent maps I've had to abandon as more than I could achieve. :( I'm back in Tormented zone for a while.

And before anyone asks, I've not been playing the recent series of "guppy" maps - I don't manage that level of multi-tasking well. :)

Johnny Haywire

QuoteI do think I've lost my mojo a little, 3 recent maps I've had to abandon as more than I could achieve. :( I'm back in Tormented zone for a while.

Nooo! Don't torment yourself!  :'(

When I can't figure something out, I just break out a bag of snacks. If you haven't tried that, you should. Flamin' Hot Cheetos will help you see your way through any challenging map, guaranteed!  ;D

I'm playing a bit of Particle Fleet here and there... it's pretty cool, but I'm a bit newbish in the game so sometimes I have to leave and come back later to see the solution. My brain works better (in strategy games at least) when it's relaxed, so sometimes I just gotta chill, yanno? Anyway, cheers and hope ya get back in the groove soon!  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?