Custom Map #757: Goodnight, Svartmes. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, May 01, 2017, 08:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #757: Goodnight, Svartmes

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 435x145

Desc:
Svartmes' map for submitting to the competition for The Fleet - Survival. #PRPL #ThingsArentFair #BeHappyIDidntMakeItHarder #ContestWinner #SeeForumForContest2

Sorrontis

A map, dedicated to Svartmes, who won my last contest!

So, for contest #2!

Be the first to reply to this thread with a map name!*
You must have beaten this map.
Obviously, the last winner cannot win again. Give someone else a chance :)

*Standard appropriate naming convention applies
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

svartmes

:D

Thanks for the map! Another great one by you and I liked it a lot. I will be replaying it for a better time (I have some ideas).

I rate it...come on now, I have to give it 10/10! :)

planetfall

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

Quote from: planetfall on May 01, 2017, 11:53:14 PM
Map name: The Rinser of Winds

Lavaeolus (lit: rinser of winds) - Ephebian general, famed for spoiling the Siege of Tsort. See also: Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography, Unseen University, Ankh-Morpok.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

ChaosMaster130

Well only 10 more seconds then svar. good enough for me >_>
But dang. that was a tricky map.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

RrR

There is definitely an easy side and a worst side. My time was halved when I found the Easy side.

Sorrontis

Yes there is. :)

I did my best to make this map in a way that can be played multiples times with multiple different strategies :D

Anyone go the route of using the totems?

svartmes

I used the totems. I've managed to get the time down to 13:06 now but there's definitely room for improvement. A sub 10:00 time should be possible. I hope D0m0nik gives it a try and beats me just to give me some motivation to go for it :)

D0m0nik

I'm a bit rusty as not been playing this game but randomly saw this and couldn't resist the challenge. got all totems charged by the 9min mark and thought I'd smashed it but central emitter still going plus pick ups to collect. Ticked them off in 13 mins but no completion! Now at 17 min with 100% unmired land, all mines captured etc but still no completion. Am I missing something? As I said I am a bit rusty  :-[

Sorrontis

Quote from: D0m0nik on May 12, 2017, 05:53:55 PM
I'm a bit rusty as not been playing this game but randomly saw this and couldn't resist the challenge. got all totems charged by the 9min mark and thought I'd smashed it but central emitter still going plus pick ups to collect. Ticked them off in 13 mins but no completion! Now at 17 min with 100% unmired land, all mines captured etc but still no completion. Am I missing something? As I said I am a bit rusty  :-[

That's a little odd. I don't know why it would do that.

planetfall

Did you mire all remaining land to blue? The mission objective is to mire 99.5%
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

D0m0nik

D0m0nik

Still stuck at 99%, onnis everywhere, been running for 5 mins, moved the omnis around but no cigar! I hate the mire win condition for exactly this reason, finding that last 0.5% is the most frustrating thing in any game I have ever played!

In order to capture and hols some of the mines I used rock burner underneath, wonder if that has caused the problem. Cannons enabled for the omnis though and they are not targeting anything  :o :-[