Custom Map #756: [DA 2, KD] P1 - Awakening. By: Dark Ambition

Started by AutoPost, April 28, 2017, 12:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #756: [DA 2, KD] P1 - Awakening

Author: Dark Ambition
Size: 200x250

Desc:
An alien from a long forgotten time awakens from centuries of cryo... Credits: Kiron - Daniel Remar Ships and Map - Dark Ambition

Dark Ambition

This has been on the shelf for a while, I wanted to submit the previous map first.

I'm trying out a somewhat asteroidy map style, like Keeper Decagons. Needs a looooot of work.

And now that the two maps I hated are out of the way, I should have much better maps to come next. Y'know, cuz testers and such.

tornado

this was pretty easy, but it has a few neat things.
because of how the HQ(ATLA) is set up its most effective when parked sideways.
also, this gives me a good template for my map(in terms of difficulty, this is what I am aiming for, given the fleet I've picked.
thanks!
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Keeper Decagon

A short, relatively easy and quite pleasant map to play. Glad to see you think my "asteroid" style is worth doing, though trust me, they don't require as much work as you might feel. I literally just draw some randomly shaped blobs of 1 height land, then layer it with 2 and 3 high land. If I know what I'm working towards, a decently-sized asteroid field can be made in under 10 minutes.

But hey, at least you're trying it. Makes me feel good about my messy style. :D
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.