Custom Map #741: Mysterious Maze 3. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, April 20, 2017, 08:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #741: Mysterious Maze 3

Author: FOXX
Size: 360x360

Desc:
The Maze Continous! If you don't know what is going on Play Mysterious Maze 1 for Explanation of the Mechanics used. Scripting By Stickman & FOXX. Construction Pylon By GoodMorning. Uploading 1 Map a day [see Forum]

FOXX

I will upload a map a day at around 15.00PM Local time [I live in the Netherlands]
On this site you can easily see what your Time Zone is and how much hours you need to add or subtract.
Time Zones

The ending of this Adventure will be Sundays.

Have Fun,

FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

GoodMorning

The provided Emitters gradually boring a path into the opposing ships was almost hypnotic. The momentary freeze when one of the big ones in the lower-right was respawned as a bridge was distracting to the point that I warped the HQ over there to remove the spawner immediately.

This seems to be a workable method of maintaining difficulty as the map progresses without lag-causing quantities of particles in the beginning.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: GoodMorning on April 20, 2017, 09:53:49 PM
The provided Emitters gradually boring a path into the opposing ships was almost hypnotic. The momentary freeze when one of the big ones in the lower-right was respawned as a bridge was distracting to the point that I warped the HQ over there to remove the spawner immediately.
Yep, when a big ship spawns the screen freezes a bit. That is with all the 'Big Sips' used. The ShipSpawners are set to 200 SpawnDelay and i think i will change that in the future to a higher value. Specially with prebuild ships the spawndelay can be higher than 200.

QuoteThis seems to be a workable method of maintaining difficulty as the map progresses without lag-causing quantities of particles in the beginning.
Yeah, if there is lag [and on the bigger maps there is] it's because of the Big Ships and maybe some Mire but with this setup i could manage the Particle Count in a way so that doesn't give lag.

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

strigvir

It took me a while to understand how MVP rock burner is.

FOXX

Quote from: strigvir on April 21, 2017, 01:00:09 PM
It took me a while to understand how MVP rock burner is.
Aha, a new strategy :)
I didn't use RockBurner, where did u use it for?
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

strigvir

Quote from: FOXX on April 21, 2017, 01:13:40 PM
Aha, a new strategy :)
I didn't use RockBurner, where did u use it for?
What? Didn't you make the map? Each super mirer has 1 tile wide piece of land behind it, burning it cuts a large chunk of land from hostile mire. I thought they were made this way on purpose.

stdout

If I can access the mirers with omnis, I just let the omnis destroy them rather than rock burn them.

FOXX

Quote from: strigvir on April 21, 2017, 01:32:41 PM
What? Didn't you make the map? Each super mirer has 1 tile wide piece of land behind it, burning it cuts a large chunk of land from hostile mire. I thought they were made this way on purpose.
Yes, i made these maps so i can tell you that the super mirer with 1 tile of land behind it you mention are the super struc makers for the red structure line in the maps.

Cutting off these 1 tiles of land will prevent the mire from crossing over. But then the mire will try to find another way so you have to block that off also.

With destroying mirespawners usually i go with the same strategy as stdout's

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

strigvir

"Struck maker" is a mire spawner in space. Of course I wasn't talking about normal mirers on land.

GoodMorning

Quote from: strigvir on April 22, 2017, 12:03:34 AM
"Struck maker" is a mire spawner in space. [...]

To be clear: The easiest way for mapmakers who are unused to PRPL to have regenerating Struc is to place a mire spawner in space and change a few settings. With PRPL, Struc growth is easier to accomplish, and does not require a mire spawner. So using the term here caused confusion.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: strigvir on April 22, 2017, 12:03:34 AM
"Struck maker" is a mire spawner in space. Of course I wasn't talking about normal mirers on land.
OK, good to know we speak about the same Unit. Now the confusement is gone.
There are a lot of ways to play these maze maps [with combo of Techs] and your idea works on all maps!

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!