Custom Map #4387: Magma Planet Mayhem. By: PR0T05T33L

Started by AutoPost, April 20, 2017, 12:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4387: Magma Planet Mayhem

Author: PR0T05T33L
Size: 256x200

Desc:
As his ship starts to orbit a planet scorched black by constant volcanic activity, Skarsgard realizes that some of the lava on the unstable surface is actually magma-proof Creeper! Can our heroes stop this strange substance from spreading too far or will they get burnt? Thanks to Pusillanimous for help with the scripts!

D0m0nik

It was a fun map but what were the scripts doing, it was not obvious?

PR0T05T33L

There's one script for changing the colour of the Creeper to orange and two scripts for mid-game messages. Simple stuff, but I felt it was important.

They did work, right? Even with your quick time, you should have at least seen one of those messages pop up.

chaseshaw

I have killed all the creeper but the map isn't "completing"?

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

D0m0nik

Yeah all is working fine then. I think I was expecting some kind of trickery on the lower ground as you approach the emitters. The visuals are great though and the orange worked really well. Creeper colour can be confusing when changed.

Karsten75

I really like what you've done with the magma. I've even dropped V a note to look in on this map and see if that concept is something he'd be able to do easily with GPU-based code in a future game.

BilboGCL

Even if I'm pretty late - Great work with graphics and concept!

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!