Creeper World Action Platformer (Idea/Concept) [WIP]

Started by Zoura3025, May 27, 2017, 10:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoura3025

Hello everyone, it's Zoura3025 here. I know I've been dead for a while, but I'm ready to give to this community again getting CW2AE on monday. So now, without further adieu, allow me to introduce my idea.

Creeper World Action Platformer*

*name subject to change

A spin-off game in which you go though open, platformer-like levels with a character (Dax?) and bust up... I dunno, Stygleks or something. I know this most likely won't happen, but I want to dump my ideas either way. Levels would probably have a mario galaxy-esque style, with large areas with multiple goals. You'd still gather techs, balance resources, and build units, but it would all be very... action-y.

Gameplay

Character

Your character would wear the "Arm of Liberty", a mechanical arm with packet construction lathes, internal reactors, and all that good stuff. Your character would be able to run, jump, and would be able to fire ("excavation") packets to deal damage. Packets would home in on where they needed to go, and would move at a decent pace. Your weapon would recharge itself (consuming energy in the process) at a rate of 2 packets per second, with a full volley being 5. 1 packet uses 1 unit of energy, energy is replenished overtime, all that. Yadda yadda anticreeper yadda yadda storyline blah blah yadda yadda.

Upgrades

You would be able to gather techs overtime, from new units to build to just raw upgrades for your system. Your 5 main attributes would be: Health, Range, Storage, Energy Generation, and AC generation. Health measures how many hits you can take, Range is how far your packets can travel, Storage is how much energy and AC you can store, Energy Generation is how much energy you make, and AC Generation is how much AC you make.

You'd find upgrade techs from missions, defeating enemies, and more. Unit techs would most likely be scavenged (or in at least one case, through the storyline) and would add to the player's bank of techs to build with.

You'd start with 5 Health Techs (50 Health), 5 Range Techs (5 Cell Range), 1 Storage Tech (25 Storage for both resources (AC is locked at start.)), 3 Energy Generation Techs (3 Energy/Sec), and 0 AC Generation Techs. You wouldn't start off with any unit techs.

Units

Time for the meat of the game: unlocking units. Units are classified into 1 of 5 groups: Basic, AC, Air, Support, and Titan. Basic units are your normal BLasters, Cannons, and those other normal weapons. AC units consume AC. Air units are built on a base, but can fly around freely (and will follow the player.). Supports are non-damaging; shields and the like. And titans are... the Bertha.

Basic Units

Blaster: 1 Range up, 5 range out. Fires 1.5 damage shots at a rate of 2/sec. Consumes 0.2 energy every shot, and takes 20 energy to build.
Description: "A simple turret modified to change to any horizontal direction in an instant. Good damage at a decent rate, but low range and little ability to aim above itself."

Pulse Cannon: 2 Range up, 7 range out. Fires 1 damage shots with a blast radius of 1.5 cells at a rate of 1/sec. Consumes 0.25 energy every shot, and takes 25 energy to build.
Description: "A decently powerful energy cannon, capable of moderate-ranged strikes to multiple targets."

Mortar: 5 Range up, 11 range out. Fires lobbed shots that deal 10 damage in a radius of 3 cells at a rate of 1/3 sec. Consumes 2 energy every shot, and takes 40 energy to build.
Description: "High-powered fractal charge launcher, lobbing shots over walls and obstacles to deal massive damage."

Launcher: 14 Range all around. Fires seeking shots that deal 15 damage in a radius of 2.5 cells at a rate of 1/5 sec. Consumes 3 energy per shot, and takes 50 energy to build.
Description: "A homing missile launcher with high damage and high rate, but lacking fire rate."

[close]
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"