[Suggestion] Ship upload requirement

Started by Builder17, April 16, 2017, 06:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Builder17

Ship uploader could have some kind of test to see ship is good enough to be uploaded, that would prevent crappiest ships?

GoodMorning

Virtually any ship is useful in some situation. Even if only as a Doppel plan.

How would this be implemented algorithmically?

Better to leave is as it is.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Builder17

How would this be implemented algorithmically?

Test level that you must succeed with your custom ship + some other ships to force playtesting all ships before uploading?

Maybe balancing that test level would be hardest part.
Too weak ships just can't win it and too long to build ships make player bored when waiting these build.
And test levels should have almost every enemy type and player ships with discharges available to build. IDK

Sorrontis

Ahhhhhh! No! no no no no no no! My glass cannons wouldn't pass half the  maps out there!

Me no likey at all! I design my ships specifically for me maps.

Although, I don't like the fact that some peeple are posting a bunch of ships and never use them in a map. What could be interesting is that ships are loaded to the database at the same time as you upload a map - instead of individually. Now, that in itself as the problem of adding ships with slight mods to the database.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

kajacx

Maybe I'm too spoiled by Stack Overflow, but this could be resolved by adding the option to upvote/downvote posts. Not only would people vote on good and bad ships, but it would reduce the amount of "I like this" responses that take an entire post to write.

This would, however, probably require moving to another forum entirely, so it's unlikely to happen. Also I personally wouldn't want any filters for what ships are acceptable to upload, since my ships would probably not meet the standtard. So I would just leave the ship upload system as it is.
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

Builder17

Quote from: kajacx on May 02, 2017, 01:24:04 PM
Maybe I'm too spoiled by Stack Overflow, but this could be resolved by adding the option to upvote/downvote posts. Not only would people vote on good and bad ships, but it would reduce the amount of "I like this" responses that take an entire post to write.

Maybe to in-game ship downloader, that menu in map editor?

http://prntscr.com/f3kn05

After selecting ship from that list, maybe?