CRPL- token error

Started by kiki443, April 06, 2017, 06:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiki443

I was making a map collection and for thi first time I want to put CRPL script in my map.

I need something like a rescue pod so I found something on wiki and tried with that script for survival pads but when I try to compile it I am getting a token error:

Line: 14: Invalid Token: ShowGameEventTag. Perhaps you meant ->ShowGameEventTag or <-ShowGameEventTag or "ShowGameEventTag" or @ShowGameEventTag

I am new to CRPL so I don't exactlly know what to do.

what am I doing wrong because when I correct that in any way it doesn't work in the game as it should even if the compilation is successfull?

here is the link to wiki page I found that script:

http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:crpltutorial:code_examples

I would appreciate any help because my new map and the collection of maps depands on this.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards

GoodMorning

This is strange.

The error you are seeing is normally caused by having misspelled a command, but ShowGameEventTag seems to be correct.

Is it possible that you have one or more invisible characters in the script at that point?

It should be possible to fix your problem by not attempting to show an event tag, but it would be better to identify the cause...

Does it work if you delete this line?
ShowGameEventTag("GREEN" "INFO" "Survival Pod" "Rescued!" GetUnitAttribute(Self CONST_PIXELCOORDX) GetUnitAttribute(Self CONST_PIXELCOORDY))
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

kiki443

QuoteDoes it work if you delete this line?

I tried that and compilation was successfull, but I am getting another problem.

Correct me if I am wrong, when Crepers touch CRPL core it should be destroyed and game should end right?

Now instead when creepers touch CRPL core it gets rescued

was that supposed to hapen or have I done something wrong?

planetfall

ShowGameEventTag was not in the game at the first release, and was added in version 2.04. You may have a very old game version that doesn't support this command. If your game version is less than 2.04 (displayed in the bottom left of the main menu) try updating to 2.12.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

kiki443

Ok I tried updating I have 2.00 version But I can't run the patch program for some unknown reason.

can someone explain me what exactlly does ShowgameeventTag do, in particullar that script?

Is there any replacement or any other fix I can apply to my map?

And how should that script work in game maybe I am doing something wrong elsewhere

sorry if these are stupid dump questions but like I said I am new to CRPL I have no programming knowledge and this is first time I am using any coding anywhere.

Builder17

It's recommended to have newest version, try to make patch work, please.

What patch program does?
Does it stops working or doesn't start at all?
Tell more about your computer?

kiki443

It downloaded normally than when I try to open it there is nothing no error messages no window nothing.
It behaves like it is not compatible with windows some of my other programs used to behave like that until I fixed compatibility but some of them are still not working.

HP625 laptop with Windows10 Home (1607) - upgraded from Windows7 Home Premium (x64 bit)
AMD Turion II P560 Dual Core 2.50 GHz
RAM: 4 GB (3.75 usable) = 2 GB if GPU at maximum
GPU: AMD mobility radeon 4200 series (integrated with 2 GB VRAM if needed(using system RAM for VRAM))
DirectX 12

I will also attach directxdiag report file

kiki443

I have tried with earlier version and the same thing happens

Karsten75

I'm not going to get in the middle of this thing, but there is no way that that processor and that graphics can support DX12. I don't care what DXDiag says.

Your processor is from around 1Q2011 (as is the graphics module).

That is an eternity before DirectX 12 was envisaged. Here is AMD's support page for hardware supporting it.  http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/directx12

In fact, AMD does not even provide driver updates for your graphics: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Driver-Support-for-AMD-Radeon%E2%84%A2-HD-4000,-HD-3000,-HD-2000-and-older-Series.aspx

If you have a game key, (usually in the %appdata%\Creeperworld3\keydata.dat fil), you can re-download the CW3 game here:  http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/redownload.php (should be same as the patch download here: http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/patches.php

kiki443

Ok I know that my procesor and gpu are way too old to support DX12 why does my DxDiag says that I have DX12 I don't know.
I also know that AMD is no longer developing drivers for my GPU but there is nothing I can do right now about that.

Both patch programs 2.12 and 2.08 didn't start for samo unknown reason I didn't get any errors just nothing.

Karsten75

Windows event viewer might give you a hint as to what's happening.

Karsten75

Quote from: kiki443 on April 09, 2017, 07:27:44 PM

Both patch programs 2.12 and 2.08 didn't start for samo unknown reason I didn't get any errors just nothing.

Wait... where are you downloading 2.08 from?

planetfall

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 09, 2017, 08:22:50 PM
Quote from: kiki443 on April 09, 2017, 07:27:44 PM

Wait... where are you downloading 2.08 from?

The download link takes you to knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/patches/CreeperWorld3PATCH-212.exe. You can change that number to earlier versions, they're still on the server.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

kiki443

QuoteWindows event viewer might give you a hint as to what's happening.

Tried with event viewer and I can't see anything that can tell me what is happening with those programs