Can we emulate lava or force a colour change of Creeper for a specific map?

Started by PR0T05T33L, April 01, 2017, 12:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR0T05T33L

I'm making a map with volcanic terrain, where the lowest layer is lava, but I feel it would be weird to have regular blue Creeper flowing over bright orange lava without some effect.

Would it be possible to have the Creeper automatically be set to a specific colour just for that world? Maybe add a glowing effect to it to make it look more like lava?
Alternatively, would it be possible to have some code set up where Creeper is incinerated as it flows in to layer 1? If so, would it be possible to do the same for AC at the same time?

Sorrontis

There is a command to do it, but the player can change the colour back by going to the menu.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

Welcome to the forum.

Adding to what Sorrontis noted:
Glowing effects are very difficult, but incineration is relatively easy. In fact, it is easier still to do to both Creeper and AC.

MapHeight 0 do
MapWidth 0 do
I J GetTerrain 1 eq if
I J 0 SetCreeper
endif
loop
loop

1 Delay

I don't have a tab character input on this keyboard, so you may like to add indenting yourself.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

PR0T05T33L

I probably should have read through the wiki a little more... Thanks, Sorrontis!

GoodMorning, looking at your code, I don't see anything regarding terrain level. To me, it looks like with that code, I'd need to repeat it for every block of lava. And I've realized that incinerating Creeper over lava would keep a lot of the map's Emitters from doing anything, so I've decided to just make the Creeper orange. Thanks for trying though!

GoodMorning

(Sighes and fixes code)

The point about the Emitters is valid, but you can plan around that.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Builder17

Incinerating creeper in hit to lava isn't bad idea, maybe if player isn't allowed to use AC but AC is as lava instead?

I don't know