CW3 glitch every item in story mode except for thor keeps immediately unlocking

Started by creeperman34, March 30, 2017, 05:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creeperman34

when i get to the navoks sector when i leave the game even normal it seems to unlock everything but not the sectors nor other modes.

and when i tried resetting it worked the first time but not the section have to uninstall and delete document data for it to work.

OS microsoft windows 10 Pro

processor: intel(R) core(TM) i5 CPU M560@2.67GHz

HDD space: 223 GB

RAM: 8.00 GB

Karsten75

Seems to be the same thing - you don't have the required access authority to the files/folders needed. You should see if you need to run Steam in Admin mode or if your user id should be provided the required authorization.

Access to the path "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\creeperworld3\data\systemstats.dat" is denied.

Access to the path "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\creeperworld3\data\sectors\internal\1\sector.dat" is denied.

Access to the path "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\creeperworld3\data\sectors\internal\1\story_2\system.dat" is denied.

creeperman34

really??

wow i definately uninstall and reinstall running the administer

incredible so how do i get it to allow those 3 missing things so i can actually play?

(ps im assuming one of those involves the sector im on.)

Karsten75

I can't advise you. This has to do with the settings on your machine and the authorizations on your accounts and may include the effects of previous adjustments to authorizations, etc. Sorry.

creeperman34

Wait a second

I just checked it

I descriped the problem incorrectly

It's not unlocking everything instaniously

I went to flick I'm being put on the wrong map.

But could be doing the same for other places above that though.

Karsten75

Doesn't matter what the description (symptom) of your problem is, the root cause is in the log you provided and from where I have extracted the relevant issues.  You need to resolve issues on your machine with user authorization. Failure to access the files and to read/write to the appropriate files may cause unpredictable symptoms.

Karsten75

I Googles a bit this morning. As you may know, there are tons of issues like this.

Here is a promising article on how to try and resolve this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2623670/-access-denied-or-other-errors-when-you-access-or-work-with-files-and-folders-in-windows

I'll add more if I find more that I think may be relevant.

Here is a thread on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/490123197949084102/

Reading this makes me think that for people that does not run their primary account with Admin rights (the way Microsoft suggests, but not the way I have mine setup). That the basic problem can be circumvented by installing Steam in a non-authorized folder.

Again, try this at your own discretion.

creeperman34

Ok to clarify the files are there and not protected and I did run with administer on installing

i tried uninstalling avg that diden't work either

creeperman34

:(

this glitch of denied stuff won't give up without a fight

yes the links you gave me did help me get Thur now it happened

but now it just happened again with ruine

im ruining out of ideas how to make everything in creeper world 3 a thumbs up.

Karsten75

I don't think you can reasonably expect us to resolve issues you have with your PC setup and user authorization levels. I can tell you (as I have repeatedly done) that there are issues where your system is preventing the game from writing or reading to/from files it needs to function.

I have linked you to both Microsoft and Steam articles discussing similar issues.  The issue is not pervasive to the game - have you seen how few other, unsolved complaints along these lines are on the forum here and on the steam discussion boards? (Hint: none).

I'm sorry you have these issues, but I have no advice for you on how to resolve them, other than what I've given you previously.  In your current log file, I once again see a slew of similar access issues:

Access to the path "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\creeperworld3\data\systemstats.dat" is denied.

Access to the path "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\creeperworld3\data\sectors\internal\1\story_3\system.dat" is denied.

Access to the path "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\creeperworld3\data\sectors\internal\1\story_3\Ruine-auto.cw3" is denied.

If you have a specific idea of how we are supposed to assist you in resolving this, I'd like to hear.

creeperman34

i think i got it but i check with you if this could do it or not

before stuff got added to "creeperworld3" document file I went propertires then security

i checked the three options system, homeusers and administers.

then from the options there is modify, read @ execute, list folder contents, Read, and write.

so either homeusers or administer (not sure which) but one of them had modify,  read @ execute and either write or read.

so i did full control on which ever one and i kept an eye on it. Nothing said access denied or whatever.

could that have ben it?

Karsten75

Those things are so complicated, they make my head hurt. All I know is you probably should assign control or ownership at a level higher than the individual files - maybe the root creeperworld3 directory, or even higher, or else you will have recurring issues.

Here are some reading links. Use at your own risk.

https://www.microsoftpressstore.com/articles/article.aspx?p=2453566

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-take-ownership-files-and-folders-windows-10

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/set-file-folder-permissions-windows/