Main Menu

Can't Play CW3

Started by creeperman34, March 29, 2017, 05:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creeperman34

I just bought it off steam today

when i get to the main menu i can't hear any music

also i can't click anything on the main menu the only button that works is exit the game

what's going on? (ps i did try the beta208 thing and restart steam that diden't work)

and i attached a file that should give info

Karsten75

We need the log file, not the game settings: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=16476.0

Having said that, I'd suggest you give it one more try by restarting your computer from power down to power up.

Also tell us what computer you have - Windows, Mac, Linux.. and what OS, how much RAM and what processor, graphics card, etc.

creeperman34

thats exactly what i did.

that was all that was in there.

unless i went a wrong path but i doubt it

creeperman34

sorry about that heres the right one

and my computer is windows and its number 10

Karsten75

I see two immediate issues.

1. You have an old graphics card, the NVIDIA NVS 3100M it may be possible you need updated drivers?

2. There also seems to be an issue in creating the necessary files. From your log:

RenameDir Error

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory 'C:\Users\Chris\Documents/creeperworld3' not found.

at System.IO.Directory.GetFileSystemEntries (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, FileAttributes mask, FileAttributes attrs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories (System.String path, System.String searchPattern) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FileManager.RenameDir (System.String path, System.String dir) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I would first suggest you delete the game, then remove all local content. Then make sure you can create (that you have admin rights to create) a folder in C:\Users\Chris\Documents/
If you can, try the install again.

Please provide the information about your OS, processor, available HDD space and RAM as well.

Edit: the log file is riddled with these: Access to the path "C:\Users\Chris\Documents/creeperworld3/" is denied.

It does seem as if you have an authorization issue on your side.

creeperman34

hey thanks for the respones

1# sorry I can't do that this is a laptop but i do understand

2# thats definately a good explamation of why its bugged

not i only i try the uninstall thing i have a ton of other computers and may have a more modern graphics card.

and here is the other pieces of info you need

Processor: intel(R) core(TM) i5 CPu M560@ 2.67GHz

HD: 223 GB of space

RAM: 8.00 GB

does that help?

creeperman34

Wait scratch that

SOLVED IT

i needed to run steam with the administer then install for it to work

thanks for the help

oh if theres any suggestion to run better please let me know.