Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4321: All in the mix

Author: martinuzz
Size: 129x129

Desc:
Watch where you're shooting

martinuzz

I think this is the last thing that I can throw at you guys with vanilla gameplay before I have to become repetitive. Enjoy the digitalis powered AC shield. I nickname this level the Turtlecrusher.

Hints:
Spoiler
- watch the game play out once before starting to see how the fluids interact
- you will need to play very agressive
- range upgrades from the forge might kill you (don't kill the digitalis)
[close]

MasterBata

I like the idea of having to protect the digitalis.
Cool map!

D0m0nik

QuoteI think this is the last thing that I can throw at you guys with vanilla gameplay before I have to become repetitive

No way!!! I think you have another 10 or 100 maps in you yet, please make more  :D

QuoteI like the idea of having to protect the digitalis

You don't need to, once creep or AC get to 500 deep it will spill into the void and onto the land so you may as well have another 4 PZs for your berthas/reactors.

martinuzz

but the void spill is much slower than the digitalis spill, right?

martinuzz

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 23, 2017, 04:57:18 PM
No way!!! I think you have another 10 or 100 maps in you yet, please make more  :D

Don't worry, working on another one with digitalis powered shields. And I didn't mean I'd quit making maps altogether, but rather try and force myself to have a look at this CRPL thing. Don't get your hopes up though, coding really isn't my part of the woods. I can somewhat mod dwarf fortress raws (which is more like toying with physics and biology than it is coding) but that's about it.

GoodMorning

Digi increases flow rate and lowers the notional height of the void from 500ish to 0. However, taking a PZ and placing (say) a Sprayer with the collection field enabled can also aid the same end. The question is whether the additional AC is worth it to you for a PZ.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Johnny Haywire

Wow, just finished this one. I kept killing the digi (figured it was necessary until I saw Dom's post... and score  :P)

I have no idea how Dom & EA whipped through the map that fast - amazing job guys!

I do have an idea how Skubidu did it, and it would be nice if fake scores could be removed. Oh well.  :P

Thanks for your maps, martinuzz - I completely agree with Dom.... I think you have a few thousand maps left in ya!  ;)

;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?