Custom Map #4318: Pulnem. By: Creepers121

Started by AutoPost, March 20, 2017, 02:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4318: Pulnem

Author: Creepers121
Size: 148x104

Desc:
Part 5: The Warp Jump has Malfunctioned, and has Stranded you in an Unknown sector. Explore each Planet and see if you can get your warp repaired.

Johnny Haywire

Having played this series from the start, one thing I think would make this better is if there was more story - and involvement - in each map. As it is, it's almost like reading a book that consists of chapters that are only one page long. And this map was way too short - only 4 emitters which never posed much of a threat at all.

So for the story aspect of things: Think of it kinda like a research paper, but a FUN one. You have an introduction, a few points, then a conclusion... In this planet, there was essentially just an introduction.

1 - (Intro) "We've landed on planet ____. Here are a few miscellaneous details about the planet _____. Our situation is ____ because ______
2 - Our primary objective(s) should be to _____ because _____.
3 - (Conclusion) "Yay! We didn't die and we actually defeated the enemy. Now we need to ______"

You actually did this in a few of your previous maps - which is good for the storyline. Maybe put a little more stuff (storyline and enemies) in each map if ya can.  ;)

I do appreciate your work that you've put into these maps - I'm giving this feedback hoping you'll continue to make them and continue to grow your map-making skills!

Thanks again for making the maps!  :)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?