Ovalcircle here I've been logged out and can't get back in

Started by herobattle530, March 17, 2017, 10:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herobattle530

Title explains it all.  For some reason, I have been logged out from the forums and when I try to change my password, my email that I know that I linked to the account is not recognized. 
I have not logged out manually and I check the forums everyday. I also put it to logged in forever so I don't know what happened. Please help.

herobattle530

Now that I think about it, it sounds like I'm some random person trying to get into someone else's account. I'm not really sure how to prove that I am Ovalcircle other than talking about stuff that I'd rather not talk about publicly on the forum.

GoodMorning

PMing one of the moderators would be your best method.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

knucracker

Out of pocket currently.  Will take a look early next week at your account.

Karsten75

In Virgil's absence I've taken a look at the Ovalcircle account. It has a seemingly-valid email address. (Used mailboxtools to validate email)

There are no other indications of issues, except logs showing numerous invalid login attempts with password errors for Ovalcircle.

The way I see it, if these two accounts belong to the same user, it raises some questions, since this account has been established some time before the reported issues with the Ovalcircle account. Additionally, this account also has a posting history on site. I would suggest that if this is in fact the same user, the status quo be maintained. One account per user does seem to be a good policy, although it's not something we actively enforce.

PS. I did some other research, but the results do not bear discussion in a public forum. I'll share those with Virgil next week.

herobattle530

I'm back. Turns out I used a different email to make my account. My life is a lie.