Started by AutoPost, March 16, 2017, 09:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4312: 20 Artifacts of Odin

Author:
Size: 128x256

Desc:

Karsten75

Hmm...  well, zero isn't a rating option and it's not a straightforward achievement map, so I guess we can speedrun it and see...

Ovalcircle

What a great fight! Always love to see new players making their own maps.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

D0m0nik

Sorry Karsten, I have to agree with Ovalcircle.

This was quite simply one of the most ingenious, dynamic and innovative maps I have played in the last 3 minutes. The author is an anonymous genius, a rare gift, a brilliant prodigy. No-name needs no name other than genius.

Johnny Haywire

Couldn't agree more! This was absolutely EPIC! And you can know that's true because I used all caps!

I built along the eastern faster before securing a halfway base along the lower side of the who could anyway. Then I overdid the mostly and became win or dash. But the most challenging part of the map is because of genius who can see, right? So no way can any better map fly without umbrella on any other strange!

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

GoodMorning

This is the kind of map that every aspiring mapmaker should play at least three times before uploading anything. One play simply isn't enough to fully appreciate the depth of understanding and craft that goes into such maps. Such a map needs no successor, no imitator, no attempt at paralleling the degree of mapmaking magnificence present here. This map should be as the Arc: a singleton, untouched and standing alone in a state of almost prototypical purity. "A superb and masterly demonstration of the extreme of the mapmaker's art" fails to describe the way such maps as this give definition to reaches of the game normally untouched.

Spoiler

What policy is in effect regarding such maps?

Spoiler
How soon can it be redacted?
[close]
Spoiler
Quote from: Karsten75 on March 16, 2017, 12:45:05 PM
[...] not a straightforward achievement map [...]
I seem to recall the "Wrath of Gods" achievement requires 20 AoOs used in a single mission... Is this correct?

Edit: It may be 21 AoOs for that achievement. Still...
[close]
[close]
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Johnny Haywire

Quoteprototypical purity

Love it! I'm going to use that phrase at least three times tomorrow just because it's so cool. I might even say it the next time I need to sneeze  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?