Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4311: Onslaught

Author: martinuzz
Size: 129x255

Desc:
Take good care of your beams

martinuzz

I can has survive waves of 500 spores. Enjoy the onslaught.

Spoiler
Hint: first thing to build after the siphon is a forge. You *need* those power upgrades.
[close]

Karsten75

This wasn't fun, it was just plain tedious.

D0m0nik

What strategy did you take Karsten? Did you turtle or strike out early?

I found it a lot of fun, there are a number of techniques you can use and the East and North East islands are very easy to take thanks to the berthas (I built them and then rebuilt them on PZs later on). You also have a lot time to stop the digitalis arriving and a lot of initial energy. Admittedly if you do not get off to a quick start it could become a bit more sloggy. You can also land guppies on the top right island.

Thanks for the map martinuzz, another 10/10 from me.

Karsten75

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 16, 2017, 06:51:54 PM
What strategy did you take Karsten? Did you turtle or strike out early?

By any measure, I most likely turtled. My time way up there.

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I turtled too. I tried a rush on the first pass but realized it was going to take a LOT of pausing, thinking, saving, and somewhere in all that I'd most likely forget I had a pizza in the oven. I made a diamond base, attacked the upper left base, then went up the left side.

I like maps where you can take it slow & steady or rush... I didn't feel like I was rushing to knock out the spores at the top of the map by 30 minutes. From that point on there's no need to pause.

IMO, this is another GREAT map... to Karsten's point, I wonder if it would help to have an inhibitor at the top so that once you got there you wouldn't have to kill anything else? Just a thought.  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

If you had an inhibitor you could ignore most of the map. Fly terps and loaded sprayers up there to make a base for a CN, blast a few berthas and you set up a little base. That is how I took both sides of this map.

Johnny Haywire

True... but on the other hand, once you've beaten 1/4 of this map the rest is just clean-up. To me, it's the first moments of the map that make it the most enjoyable... once you start pushing back & making progress it's just a long victory march. And martinuzz's maps are some of the most intense & enjoyable beginnings of any maps I've played. Insane. (In a good way)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?