Bonds foramtions

Started by FluroM, March 14, 2017, 10:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FluroM

In mission editor is options in emitter and i dont know what they do?

The options thet i dont know what they do.

• Group shape
  • Bond distance
  • 2nd bond distance
  • Min lenght
  • Max lenght
  • Bond stiffness
I know that all affect group but how?
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Thank you!
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

GoodMorning

Shape is the approximate shape the emitter will spawn. For instance, "bar" creates a double line of particles left/right.

Bond distance influences how far apart the particles are held. 2nd only is relevant for some shapes. For the bar shape, one affects the spacing along the bars, and the other the space between them.

Min/Max length: In formations such as bars and centipedes, this determine how many particles will be bonded together each time. Less than a half-dozen or so, and you won't really see the shapes.

Stiffness I haven't played around with recently, but I think it affects how rigid the bonds are. Low stiffness lets particles move closer/further without the bond breaking.

Please don't nest thanks inside nested spoiler tags, it makes it hard to find and mildly irritating to click through to.

The best way to see this is by trying the defaults, then fiddling with the settings.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FluroM

Quote from: GoodMorning on March 14, 2017, 10:59:41 AM
Shape is the approximate shape the emitter will spawn. For instance, "bar" creates a double line of particles left/right.

Bond distance influences how far apart the particles are held. 2nd only is relevant for some shapes. For the bar shape, one affects the spacing along the bars, and the other the space between them.

Min/Max length: In formations such as bars and centipedes, this determine how many particles will be bonded together each time. Less than a half-dozen or so, and you won't really see the shapes.

Stiffness I haven't played around with recently, but I think it affects how rigid the bonds are. Low stiffness lets particles move closer/further without the bond breaking.

Please don't nest thanks inside nested spoiler tags, it makes it hard to find and mildly irritating to click through to.

The best way to see this is by trying the defaults, then fiddling with the settings.
And GoodMorning how i make in example hexagon?

GoodMorning

Try a wheel formation with seven particles and the primary and secondary bond lengths equal.

More complicated shapes can be done with PRPL.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.