Author Topic: Custom Map #694: Sorrontis' Evil. By: Sorrontis  (Read 638 times)

GoodMorning

• Map Maker
  • (Pusillanimous)
Re: Custom Map #694: Sorrontis' Evil. By: Sorrontis
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 05:26:38 pm »
The intended way is faster, but slower than the 3-min one.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

KingGladiator88

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 10:19:44 pm »
The long way is:
(click to show/hide)

How long does it take for the bomb/wave particles to dissipate? As im typing its at 20 minutes and they're still there?

Been resorting to spawning the HQ and tanking 1-2 of them before it blows up in hopes i can get rid of them.

GoodMorning

• Map Maker
  • (Pusillanimous)
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 11:24:53 pm »
I don't recall how long, but I noticed they were gone after spending a long time trying to HQ-drop and flip the lowest flip-Emitter (which worked) and set up a chain reaction with mine lathes and defensive Struc (which didn't).

Sorrontis

• Map Maker
  • CW4! CW4! CW4! CW4! CW4!
    • Sorrontis Games
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 10:31:50 am »
The long way is:
(click to show/hide)

How long does it take for the bomb/wave particles to dissipate? As im typing its at 20 minutes and they're still there?

Been resorting to spawning the HQ and tanking 1-2 of them before it blows up in hopes i can get rid of them.

So, the central burst defense's particles will not expire. There are 600 of them. If you want to survive, you have to make sure you get most (or all of them) before you are wiped out. You can't just let the map run without preparing for the wave.
The Map Makers are here to help!

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

• Map Maker
  • (Pusillanimous)
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 07:19:02 pm »
So, fiddling with that flip-Emitter was substantially more useful than I had thought.

Sorrontis

• Map Maker
    • Sorrontis Games
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 08:12:14 pm »
So, fiddling with that flip-Emitter was substantially more useful than I had thought.

Yep, I would say so.

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Johnny Haywire

• Map Maker
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 11:52:44 pm »
Yeah, this was brutal. I decided if I'm gonna do this I might as well do it the right way... i.e., I'm sorting by rating and starting with your lowest-rated maps. I figured if I get the evil sadistic brutal malicious heartless ruthless hair-pulling "I just broke a tooth in my mouth and now I'm choking on it" maps out of the way first, I should really enjoy this game.

I killed the enemy "Bug" ship the prescribed way, then took out most everything else and waited for it to respawn and tried to take it out several other ways but after no success I just killed it again and ended it.

I can't say I really enjoyed this map... but I did thoroughly enjoy beating it. I'd rate it a "10" if I could, but I'm afraid I'd probably get struck by lightning.

...I'm waiting for them to feature one of your maps on "Supernatural". I'm sure there are demons in here that need to be dealt with.  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Sorrontis

• Map Maker
    • Sorrontis Games
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2017, 11:56:25 pm »
Man, Haywire, your comments make my day!

Johnny Haywire

• Map Maker
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2017, 12:44:57 am »
Glad to hear it!  ;D

And thanks for all the work you put into these maps. I rated one or two of your maps and made the rating go up... then I got to thinking you might not know what to do if your maps got high ratings. But hey, I like 'em so that's how I rate 'em.  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?