Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #651: Liar

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 500x100

Desc:
I lied.... here's another map! #NoPRPL

Sorrontis

Wow... mercan, that's an impressive time. I'd love to know how you did it!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

MxGoldo

crazy it worked  8)  3:35.1

tip

It took a while until I figured it out

The weak point is the Progenitor at the bottom right corner

I'll describe it in detail if someone is interested
[close]

Sorrontis

Congrats on finding a flaw in my map  8)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ChaosMaster130

I think I found that weak point you mentioned. And improved on your method without even knowing it  8)
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

GoodMorning

I did it forward first, an interesting experience. Omni rushing the middle became tedious after a while, but I realised my mistake soon enough.

Of course, by exploiting the flaw, it becomes trivial.

One note to make is that one can get two of the flip-Emitters turned before the tide comes in. Pre-rushing with Omnis might also be effective.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Lisimba

I took off another whole second ;D

A series of hints, for those that want to try:

Spoiler
As MxGoldo said, the bottom right progenitor is vulnerable.
[close]

Spoiler
Your HQ can take it without the aid of other ships.
[close]

Spoiler
But not on its own entirely.
[close]

Spoiler
You need the energy mine.
[close]

Spoiler
Position and rotation is key. Place your HQ just a little wrong and you lose. You may need to experiment a bit to find just the right spot.
[close]

A full spoiler:

Spoiler

• Warp in your HQ near the energy mine, at the spot closest to the progenitor where you can still barely lathe the energy mine.
  • Take the energy mine. Don't worry, the particles will ignore the mine.
  • As soon as you have it, move right up near the progenitor and start lathing that.
  • Point your HQ so it faces directly to the right. Place it so there are four empty blocks between it and the bottom, and so it can't go any further to the right (because the progenitor is in the way). At this point the particles from the emitter will start working their way around your HQ, partially eating it, but they won't get to the bridge or the lathe because it's inside the swirl.
  • 4x speed, win.
[close]