CRPL dosen't work

Started by elephanthero, February 25, 2017, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephanthero

So I recently discovered Crpl and want to use it, but after I enter the scripts into the CRPL core and play it does nothing. am I doing it right:

planetfall

Without more detailed information we can't offer specific help.

Have a look at this first:
http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:crpltutorial
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

elephanthero

the way I am doing it is I go into the scripts tab, entering a code such as  47 26 10 Set creeper . I press create then press compile then go into the crpl core and select one of the scripts I previously made press add then press close. I then play the level but the crpl core does nothing

for the Crpl Tutorial I tried replicating the Crpl scripts ( CurrentCoords 10 SetCreeper) on the page but it still dosent work, this is what leads me to belive that I am doing something wrong with the CRPL core

planetfall

To be clear: are you entering the code into the script menu?

What you should do is enter a name for the script there, which creates a file in the map's script folder. Then open that file (the edit button in the scripts menu works, or you can find the file in your file browser) and enter the code there. Save the file, then compile and play.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

GoodMorning

Has anyone made a video of CRPL-ing anything? If so, perhaps it should be stickied to help with this recurrent question.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.