This topic is for discussion of ship #676: Octagon 7

Size: 35x25
Designer: Eiyatizu

Corporation:
EYTZ
CEO: Eiyatizu

Desc:

yum-forum

The biggest in PF. Maybe one hour for building this ship...
C 8) 8) L!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

GoodMorning

Good primarily as a blue ship. Grey, it would take too long to build; red, it doesn't need all of those Reactors.

As a prebuilt in a low-energy situation, it could quite possibly tank a map all by itself.

Somewhat less than the maximum size, which is around 40min.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Eiyatizu

The initial CM portion takes a long time, but the reactors will speed up the build afterwards. Mainly built as an invulnerable ship to  tank any mission, takes very little damage, heals very fast and almost never run out of energy.

GoodMorning

Welcome to the forum.

CMs constitute the majority of the construction time, and about half of the build cost on larger designs. But if you can afford to build that big, you will not notice the cost of ship construction, only the CM time.

I would be interested to see this in the environment you envisioned for it. Would you be willing to make a map?

Eiyatizu

I was testing using the Industrial complex mission in Inception. Octagon 5, 6, 7 are all able to directly speed from the starting point to emitters without getting destroyed (and clearing tons of emitters, dopple shipyard along the way).

Interesting happened when I tried on Squareland when the enemy actually replicated the ships, and those enemy ships became almost impossible to destroy because of the shield (have to crash my ship into theirs).

GoodMorning

Some mapamakers overdo Shields, heal rate, and intrinsic energy, and make near-indestructible ships. If they put the CM over a blue Emitter, or take three or four Fighter hits to the same hull cell under the CM on the same frame, then they might die, but short of that...

Anyway, your smaller ships look very good, but this one will probably never be built without assistance*. One note I would make is that the stock ships have armour over every module but engines, and I find this an effective policy.

*For the building of supercapitals such as this, I scripted a Shipyard.