Custom Map #664: Maze. By: Pusillanimous

Started by AutoPost, February 24, 2017, 04:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #664: Maze

Author: Pusillanimous
Size: 32x32

Desc:
A script idea that looks more intersting in particle form. Maximum zoom advised.

GoodMorning

Now, please don't look at the script, it is a rush job.

If I do another, I might calibrate the path to change with equal lengths, based on those gate particles you will see. But using the gates would need to change your score...

..and then there's switches, pickups, boxes, baddies...

...and it's not even vaguely particle-related anymore.

On the other hand, it could illustrate what can be done with PRPL, so perhaps...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Stickman

Quote from: GoodMorning on February 24, 2017, 05:03:45 AM
Now, please don't look at the script, it is a rush job.

I like the way you rushed maze setup

Amazing trickery, as always
=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

GoodMorning

Trickery is fun to do. But I try to make it fun to beat, also.

FOXX

This is really cool !!!
Nice job.
Particle Pacman :)

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Sorrontis

That was fun. Got 16.7s on my first try :)

However, why are the controls so sluggish. I need to press an arrow 2 to 5 times to make it move.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

FOXX

Quote from: Sorrontis on February 25, 2017, 10:53:06 AM
However, why are the controls so sluggish. I need to press an arrow 2 to 5 times to make it move.
That is strange, for me the controls worked fine. 1 press = 1 move.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

GoodMorning

No idea, Sorrontis. It will be unreliable on 0.5x speed, because GetKeyDown only returns true on the exact frame, and on 0.5x there are as many UI frames that don't line up with a script invocation.

Thanks to all.

This map is possibly one of the few where you might want lag to the point of 4fps.

Builder17

This map is broken for me, HQ says lost forever and mission fails when I press any arrow key?

GoodMorning

Well, I just retried, and it worked properly for me. Maybe it's a keyboard layout thing?

The HQ is supposed to be "lost forever", to that it can't be positioned to destroy the walls.

The keyboard won't work until you unpause, and you lose when your blue particle is destroyed (i.e. ramming into walls).

So if you moved it the wrong way (or the PRPL thought you did), that might be what's causing it?

Builder17

I was little bit tired and didn't understand blue particle is what I should move :o

Will try it again now, thanks